New iphone, New Laptop, NEED HELP PLEASE

DatboySky

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
My iphone was stolen and I just purchased a new one today. Also, I got a new laptop a couple months ago. Is there any way to sync my new iphone to my new laptop and still get all the backup information and music from my old computer onto my new iphone ?? I asked the guy at the ATT store and he said just sync the iphone to the old computer and after getting the info, sync it to the new laptop, Im pretty sure that wont work because it can only be synced to one computer right? Thanks in advance

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Restore the iPhone with iTunes and when it's done it will ask if you want to go from a back up or set it up as a new iPhone. Choose the back up and your done.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
if your new computer is a mac use the migration assistant to set up your new computer and it should transfer all your information from the old computer to the new one. once that is done you'll be able to sync to itunes as you always have. if your new laptop is not a mac just copy the whole itunes app from one computer to the next. i do recommend restoring your iphone from a backup using the old computer first.