Dock connector pinout

aaronius

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
So I'm thinking about purchasing an iSimple IS75 for my car, which says that it has the capabilities of giving me line level outputs into RCA connectors while charging the phone from a power source hardwired into the car. This is exactly the sort of device I am wanting, but there seems to be some ambiguity as to what the connector for my 3GS will do. I have heard that newer devices have different pinouts in the dock connector for the power input, which could leave this device as a complete dud, and me waiting for something at some point in the future. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The difference is the original iPhone (and older iPods) could also charge via the firewire pins in the dock connector. This is no longer the case. Charging is only done via the USB pins. If this device is new it most likely sends power to the USB pins. You could always contact the manufacturer to make sure.

aaronius

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Maybe...

I didn't think that it used the +12v power anymore, which is sad. And I could contact the manufacturer, but looking at the cable, there isn't anything that would convert the car power to a lower voltage. Sadly, it doesn't appear that I can do what I want at this point, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the input, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711