Discuss the iPhone OS 4.0 software here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's not just bugs, it can also be changing a way certain apps operate. A tweak here and there can go a long way. Also, one of their upgrades did have "improved battery", so I don't see why it can't happen again.

Yes, but what "improvements" did people see? They were minimal. Apple can say "Improved Battery Life" and people the day after installing will say how much better their iPhone/iPod battery is. There will be those that say it's worse, and those that say there's no change.

I think anyone looking for a BIG change in battery life is going to be disappointed, but that's just me. *shrug* Maybe I'll be proven wrong ( I wouldn't complain with a longer lasting battery ), but I don't expect my device to consume considerably less power with the next firmware update either.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I want to be in mail and replying to someone and think "Oh, I need to send that pic from yesterday to this person" and be able to click on attach rather than cancelling the email, going to the photoroll, choosing the pic then send by email then recreating the email I just scrapped.

that would be fabulous.

Justin V

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I really hope it is a major A+ update as has been rumored. Google, HTC and Apple one upping each other constantly is a great thing for us consumers. I look at that HTC Evo and drool. Granted it is on Sprint which would mean changing carriers although I think Sprint is decent in New England. Certainly can't be too inferior to AT&T.
I know it is totally contrary to the iPhone as it stands now but does anyone think that the iPhone will ever have a home screen type page like Android does with Sense UI or WinMo? I'd love to be able to dock it and glance over to see the time, weather, first few emails in the inbox and next couple calendar entries. Or to at least have the option to customize it that way. Major changes to allow customization will keep iphone owners happy longer because you can change up the look and it feels like a new phone for a while.
Cant wait until the 8th!

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
One thing I really would like to see is a reply to all feature in my email. The attaching of pics also needs to be addressed. I really don't expect much in terms of improved battery life, but then again I really have no complaints about the battery life now. Mutitasking would be sweet, but I am sure that will kill the battery and cause even more complaints from people that just do not understand how many things are running on their iPhone.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I know it's a OS event, but I would love to see if maybe they are going to introduce a new iphone. Like I said, before I get jumped on by everyone...I KNOW ITS AN OS EVENT BUT,......I wouldnt mind seeing if Apple is going to present to us the new iphone!

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
One feature I would like to see in OS 4.0 is such a simple one, I got on to Apple about it last year. It's basically a quicker way to adjust the brightness of the display. Hold the home button in while using the volume buttons to adjust the brightness! Simple, but I think it would come in so handy.

I also don't think we should expect OS 4.0 until June, along with new hardware.

I would like that button gesture but not for adjusting the brightness. I wanna see it moving back and forth between apps used in sequence.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I want to be in mail and replying to someone and think "Oh, I need to send that pic from yesterday to this person" and be able to click on attach rather than cancelling the email, going to the photoroll, choosing the pic then send by email then recreating the email I just scrapped.

I agree about the "attachment" button, but you don't have to cancel the email just to go to photo roll. When you hit the home button, grab the photo, re-open the mail app...your email message is still there. Luckily the iPhone saves it, otherwise it'd be a bigger pain.

I was writting one up last night, and forgot to copy the photo first. HUGE pain to not be able to attach things while in the mail app.

abunk79

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see customizing features such as changing sms tone and email tone, and reoccurring vibration reminders. I miss Blackberry Messenger and now a lot of my friends have iPhones so adding an iPhone messenger would be sweet. Being able to reply to a text or make a call while I'm doing something and a text comes in like my "Hero" would be nice. The combined inbox is another thing I miss about the crackberry. Jailbreaking my 3g was a slow horrible experience I'd rather have native functionality. Other than that I'd just be happy with more than 8GB memory. (should have gotten at least 16GB when I bought my 3G). I'm sure Apple will as always come up with features we should have had from the beginning and act like it is the newest set of features any phone has ever offered.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I agree about the "attachment" button, but you don't have to cancel the email just to go to photo roll. When you hit the home button, grab the photo, re-open the mail app...your email message is still there. Luckily the iPhone saves it, otherwise it'd be a bigger pain.

I was writting one up last night, and forgot to copy the photo first. HUGE pain to not be able to attach things while in the mail app.

That's also where holding home and pressing volume down to flip back to mail app would come in handy.

bunnyboiler

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see Widgets like Lockinfo on the Lockscreen and a unified inbox. I don't want or expect my 3G to be able to multitask and apart from audio streaming apps I don't miss not being able to multitask.

Status
Not open for further replies.