How often do you backup your iPhone?

How often do you backup your iPhone?

• Total voters

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
When ever iTunes decides it's time to back up during a sync that's how often. Which as far as I know is just about every time unless you are syncing a few times in a pretty short period.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Used to do it daily (sometimes multiple times a day), but recently, I've been doing it when ever I hook my phone up to my laptop which is not as often as I'd like.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I sync my contacts/calendar to Google, so there's no need to backup anything - it all happens seamlessly and behind the scenes. No need to backup apps, cause iTunes knows what you've purchased.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I sync my contacts/calendar to Google, so there's no need to backup anything - it all happens seamlessly and behind the scenes. No need to backup apps, cause iTunes knows what you've purchased.

I agree, I sync with Exchange, and with iTunes, there's very little need to sync backups. What I forget to most often is sync Splashmoney so my checkbook gets backed up.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, I sync my iPhone in the morning, when I get back from school or work and before I go to bed or whenever I add something to iTunes, buy music etc. I sync every time a new piece of content goes into itunes. I sync usually 5-6 times a day. I do a backup as many times as iTunes will do it so I chose 2+ times a day.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
What is backed up during a sync vs. what would be backed up when you do File/Library/Backup To Disc? Or is the only difference that Backup To Disc is to a removable disc?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have my phone synced with my home system, and I only turn that on once a week or so. Mail, etc., are all on cloud type services, so I really wouldn't be out much if something bad were to happen (other than the cost of a new device (ouch), assuming it was a non-warranty problem). I'd lose some pictures and maybe text messages, but nothing that would result in me dying.

Sandi

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to but I can't figure out how. My computer keeps ejecting the disk saying there isn't enough room but if I put in a new disk then it starts from the beginning. Very frustrating. I'd be interested in any tips. Thanks.:confused: