Closing apps

borockster

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't find this via search so forgive me if it's a re post. I'm a recent convert from blackberry and as such I'm used to closing every app before exiting.

If you didn't close them then the app stayed active and killed your battery.

Is this necessary with my 3G? If so how? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Currently none of the iPhones support background apps with the exception of some built in ones like mail and iPod. When you hit the home button you are exiting out of the application.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Currently none of the iPhones support background apps with the exception of some built in ones like mail and iPod. When you hit the home button you are exiting out of the application.

What are the effects on battery if you're jailbroken and running something like Backgrounder? I wouldn't be surprised if it required more juice to keep multiple apps running, but what about when it's sleeping? Apologies if this should be in a different forum.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
DainBrammage, it will depend on what you're running with Backgrounder. Many of them just sit there anyway. The only ones that will really run down your battery are things like Pandora.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well yea, but you're not likely to run GPS in the background, are you? You might run something else in the background while using GPS though.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Well yea, but you're not likely to run GPS in the background, are you? You might run something else in the background while using GPS though.

I definitely have, to avoid going through Navigon's startup process just because I had to bounce out to something else temporarily.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I dunno dude....if I don't know where I'm going, nothing interrupts the nav app - not even a phone call.

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
I have had to run a memory program to clear memory up due to MAIL and IPOD and few other things still showing up as running. I find my memory at times down to 2mb and after I empty the memory with the memory program I get about 41mb back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner