My Contacts! GONE!! :(((( Help! I need that one precious number...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys, so I met this hot chick on a plane yesterday, and we exchanged numbers. I don't know what I did for ALL contacts to have disappeared all of a sudden! Arghhh...Not a one is left, and I had only about 15.

All I can think of doing between the time that I know I had my contacts and when I noticed this morning that I don't any longer is deleting several of my (way too) many Podcasts that I had downloaded. It also struck me as strange that the amount of free space went from 337MB (yes, that little) to 10.62GB (yes, that much of a difference) even though I highly doubt that I deleted that many of them. I did not delete any of my apps or music. It's weird because there is no way I deleted (in iTunes 9.0.2 by the way) 10GB worth of podcasts. Maybe I did? This really is not cool! Please help! ;(

One more note. Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes 9.0.2 still don't play nice. Even though I downloaded the 64-bit version, it installs itself in the Program Files(x86) folder, which is for 32-bit apps. This has still not been addressed by Apple!?!

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly all my contacts disappeared too. I think it was Sunday night or Monday. I restored them from iTunes / outlook. I know I didn't do it. Very strange.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All apps not specifically coded for 64 bit install themselves in the x86 program files directory. That doesn't mean iTunes is not playing well with Win 7 or a 64 bit os. They actually do quite well together.

What were you syncing your contacts with - iTunes? an Exchange server? Google?

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, we need to know how you were syncing them. I sync mine with Google so they're always in the cloud. I highly recommend that. I never have to worry about losing my contacts.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Thank you all very much. I had had them synced with my trial MobileMe account the entire time without realizing it. I had actually remembered her number from memory when I recalled her telling me that it was easy to remember lol...

I also figured out the whole Exchange thing with Google, and I'm now syncing everything with Google in the cloud and getting my Gmail pushed in seconds. This is great!

And yes, I am jailbroken, to answer that question. Backgrounder is just phenomenal!!!!! This iPhone I won't sell due to disappointment like I have another 3GS pre-OS 3.1, and two 3G's lol...OS 3.1 did the trick for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro