Hello iphone goodbye blackberry

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Maybe he's trying to say it sucks up resources on the phone but I don't care about that. All I know is that I cannot view a lot of videos that I want to see on the phone. Just yesterday, I wanted to view a video on CNN, but couldn't because the phone doesn't support flash. So what's the workaround for that huh? Just don't watch the video or find a laptop to watch it on? Lol. Come on! A lot of videos posted on news sites and basic rendering of company homepages require flash support.

Apple's refusal to even acknowledge flash as a relevant technology drives me up the wall for all the reasons you just mentioned. I wished they would just come out and specifically why they won't support flash instead of playing all these head games.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Apple's refusal to even acknowledge flash as a relevant technology drives me up the wall for all the reasons you just mentioned. I wished they would just come out and specifically why they won't support flash instead of playing all these head games.

I haven't kept up with Apple's stance on why they won't support it, but there are countless numbers of valid and relevant sites that utilize it. And while I love my iPhone, for Apple NOT to support Flash makes the iPhone a less credible/effective device.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I haven't kept up with Apple's stance on why they won't support it, but there are countless numbers of valid and relevant sites that utilize it. And while I love my iPhone, for Apple NOT to support Flash makes the iPhone a less credible/effective device.

Exactly I hope the competition forces apple to face this reality

KristopherJT

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
i loved my blackberry 8520 and really didnt think i was going to switch! my friend got an iphone and as soon as i saw the capabilities i was hugely impressed! I LOVE my iphone !

Mail is important for me and i feel the iphone does a great job of delivering it. \

Enjoy mate

jbiird317

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Just ditched my old BB curve and the crackberry forums for a new 3GS and the iphone blog... The only thing i miss is the little flashing light, right now I have phone OCD and am constantly checking it to see if something new showed up. Other than that I'm very glad I finally made the switch!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was using a Blackberry for 4 years. Recently I had been using my iPhone and BB on a
BB data plan which was working fine. All I was missing was the PUSH Yahoo mail
whenever I was using the iPhone.

But today I decided to switch to my iPhone plan because I'm once and for all getting
rid of my Blackberry. I was hardly using it anymore anyway.

cvgz

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Before my iPhone I was a BB curve user, which was my first smartphone. I made the jump 6 months ago and have never looked back. Only regret was opting for the 3G over the 3GS. I thought I was being fiscally responsible giving up zippyness, recording, etc

joshuapingley#WP

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
not many phones have flash anyway so i dont consider that a flaw.
the only flaw in my eyes is battery life, but im over it now.
all around amazing device:)

i had the blackberry 9000 AND 9700 before the 3GS, just saying lol.

sick_boy_88

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Ive had my iPhone 3GS for a little less then a month now and wouldnt think of going back to BlackBerry after using it. I loved my BlackBerry Storm, was one of the lucky ones with a working one, but now I love my iPhone. Its UI is so much more user friendly and its so easy to use compared to the BlackBerry. I love the fact I dont have to close apps and my battery life is so much better. I look forward to contributing here as I did on Crackberry.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
New to the iPhone, only had it 4 weeks, but thought I'd chime in.

Pros:
. Tabbed browsing. Fast boot up.

Cons:
. No flash for the camera (dumb).
. Menu wise, it's kind of idiot proof, meaning it doesn't have nearly as many on screen options.
. No multi tasking unless you jailbreak it. Apps open quickly though, which makes up for that somewhat.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a digital camera. Makes up for the lack of flash on the iPhone. However, my digital camera is a piece of **** because it doesn't have a phone in it.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm about this 1 - - - - 1 close to doing the same...

I was using a Blackberry for 4 years. Recently I had been using my iPhone and BB on a
BB data plan which was working fine. All I was missing was the PUSH Yahoo mail
whenever I was using the iPhone.

But today I decided to switch to my iPhone plan because I'm once and for all getting
rid of my Blackberry. I was hardly using it anymore anyway.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Cons: (I was getting "no service" for a day and a half before it dawned on me that I should reset the thing, !

Next time you can just toggle the Airplane mode. That'll force the phone to look for a signal. When it says " no service " , it's only searches every few minutes so you won't get service as soon as you're able to.

Side note : you can also turn the phone into airplane mode when you know you can't get service (like underground) to save battery.

c20182#IM

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
texting on the iphone is a joke- if you attempt anything near the speed you can reach on a blackberry you get total nonsense. you also have to stare at the screen to type anything close to accurate, making it dangerous for driving. if you use your phone for messaging above anything else, you will count the days until you contract expires and you can go back to a bb, as i do.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
not many phones have flash anyway so i dont consider that a flaw.
the only flaw in my eyes is battery life, but im over it now.
all around amazing device:)

i had the blackberry 9000 AND 9700 before the 3GS, just saying lol.

When ur biggest competition has flash and iPhone does not Its definitely a drawback

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
texting on the iphone is a joke- if you attempt anything near the speed you can reach on a blackberry you get total nonsense. you also have to stare at the screen to type anything close to accurate, making it dangerous for driving. if you use your phone for messaging above anything else, you will count the days until you contract expires and you can go back to a bb, as i do.

"...making it dangerous for driving." Ahem...you shouldn't be texting while driving in the first place.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have a digital camera. Makes up for the lack of flash on the iPhone. However, my digital camera is a piece of **** because it doesn't have a phone in it.

That's not the kind of flash I was referring to.

But the iPhone should have both kinds of flashes

a browser without flash is like a camera without flash Iphone has both of these problems

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73