Backing Up Text Messaging

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
how would I backup and view text messaging? I have 3 iphones i sync with my Macbook, I'd like to be able to have a app that I can store all my text in just in case I have to restore our iPhones.

Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey Josh! When you sync to iTunes, it syncs your sms. If you restore, it will restore your sms as well as everything else. Unfortunately, you have very little control over it. It could be yesterday...could be last week's.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
LOL i know that. I want a way to see them on my mac. Kind of like Missing sync. I just don't think Missing sync is worth it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you're jailbroken there are ways you can copy of the SMS database. It's an SQLite database, there are a number of opensource/free viewers out there.

If you're not jailbroken, you have to dig through your backup folders to find the SMS file.

martind81

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You don't need a jailbreaked iphone! You can get your sms database from your iphone backup file. Try to do a search on that, I did it a few month ago!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Without rewriting my addressbook database can anyone tell me how I can add a field to the existing database? I want to add "Individual Spicific" UISound's to contacts but have been unable to open a number of "Locked" tables.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I thought about that Alli, and may have to go that way, but I would prefer to work with what's here. I guess it's for the " I can do this Thrill"... if you know what I mean... LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro