iPhone intermittently shuts off/on

tcall52

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
My 3G iPhone (exactly 19 days beyond warranty) has developed a problem where it intermittently turns itself off/on. I have rebooted and restored the software w/o any improvement. I discovered today that by lightly squeezing the sides of the unit I can induce or clear up the problem. This suggests to me that there is a loose connection somewhere within the phone, and by flexing the sides a bit I am manipulating that poor connection. Very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or does anyone have any insight into this issue?

This is my first post on this forum. I'm glad to have discovered such a good source for iPhone information. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can provide.

Tom

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to say that you're right, but you are.

My friend dropped her 60GB iPod Video one day and she found a "tape" connecting the display to the back of the device.

In your case you probably dropped your Phone and cracked the actually connector.

tcall52

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I figured. It looks like repair or replacement time. Actually, it hasn't misbehaved for a couple of days. I may try to hang on and see what happens.

Tom

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods