Newbie help please... apple replaced my phone and...

maddie2009

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So i just received my replacement phone from apple through warranty.
My previous phone was unlocked before i got it, but apparently it was originally Fido.
And now i want to unlock this phone to work on Rogers, but i cannot tell what version of software it has on it cause it is locked to Fido. So all i get is the IMEI and ICCID #'s on the screen.
Since i don't have a Fido sim card, it will only say the sim is not supported because it is locked.
My provider is Rogers, so i need to unlock it.
Is there anyway to tell what it has so i can unlock properly without screwing it up??

maddie2009

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I can't. The only screen i can get is the screen that shows the usb cord to itunes, that is the screen that you get when you take the phone out of the box for the 1st time. Can't access anything else at all, can't go any further than that.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I can't. The only screen i can get is the screen that shows the usb cord to itunes, that is the screen that you get when you take the phone out of the box for the 1st time. Can't access anything else at all, can't go any further than that.

he needs to activate it with the carrier it's locked to first. that requires a sim card from them.

alternately, just try the jailbreak and see if it works

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711