iPhone user, working at Apple...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

I'm just curious. If one works for say, Microsoft, using\having a iPhone, or Android I'm sure would be taboo...

So, with that said, do you think there are employee's at Apple that have their iPhone(s) jailbroken?

Or, are they using some fancy OS that's not yet been released to the public?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Who knows. I'm sure some of them have spare iPhones that are jailbroken, which they don't take into the Apple Store. Just like ATT employees, same thing. They probably get discounts on refurb iPhones, so they have spares to play with.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure there are a few people who have jailbroken their devices, if only to test the effects so they can make "terrorist aiding" statements. I won't debate the merits or lack thereof of such statements here.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple gives their employees iPhones to use. Jailbreaking them would be be a bad idea as they are not the employees property in this case. Also, Apple can and does randomly go through peoples phones and office computers.
The risk of jailbreaking while at Apple is likely too high.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure there are a few people who have jailbroken their devices, if only to test the effects so they can make "terrorist aiding" statements. I won't debate the merits or lack thereof of such statements here.

Of course jailbreaking aids terrorism. Terrorists can get into your iPhone now through ssh sessions and install trojans so they can track your positions.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Of course jailbreaking aids terrorism. Terrorists can get into your iPhone now through ssh sessions and install trojans so they can track your positions.

And if they got into my phone, they'd know when my dentist appointment is and be able to....cancel it! OH THE HORROR! LOL :D And then the terrorists win! ....I'm in one of those moods today :D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Morning all -

I'm just curious. If one works for say, Microsoft, using\having a iPhone, or Android I'm sure would be taboo...

So, with that said, do you think there are employee's at Apple that have their iPhone(s) jailbroken?

Many of them do yes. Especially the ones who work their hardest to figure out a way to block it.

Dene

Dec 22, 2009
www.fluttermind.com
Morning all -

As someone who worked for MS up until a few months ago, I can say for a fact that most people I know buying new phones were buying iPhones. They also own iPods. I also don't know anyone who uses Zune.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I hate how people think that because of your place of work, you can't use a competitors product. Take this example. My friend is a engineer for the Xbox team at Microsoft and he has a Playstation 3. He also uses a Mac Pro at Microsoft. Boot camped of course. I use Microsoft as an example because they are one of the largest Mac software developers. As far as the PS3 thing goes, it doesn't hurt to see what the competition is doing.

As far as the Jailbreak thing goes, I say it depends on how far up the apple chain they are. Do you think Steve cares if a Apple Retail store clerk skins his iPhone in winterboard? No.

I mean Eric Schmidt, was formerly on Apple's board of directors. He is the frigen CEO of Google.

All I am getting at is a Job is a job. Nothing more.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Even though most don't, Jailbreaking does support app theft, and for this reason I can not support Jailbreaking... Too many devs have had their hard earned coding time stolen, and without Jailbreaking this would not of happened...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Even though most don't, Jailbreaking does support app theft, and for this reason I can not support Jailbreaking...

That statement is B.S. So do gun makers support armed robbery? Does Ford support reckless driving? Does Budweiser support drunk driving? Just because somebody uses a tool for evil doesn't mean that was it's intended purpose. If we have an epidemic of kitchen forks being used to blind people, are you going to stop supporting eating untensils?? Sheezzzz.....

Locks (copyprotection) are never full-proof. They keeps honest people honest. If thieves want it bad enough, they will find a way to steal it.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
@lungho

If I goto your house and do nothing more then pick your lock and leave your front door wide open, am I part responsible for the person who comes by next and robs your house?

In a sense guns do, does the average human being need a semi assault rifle? Do bars support drunk driving, if you say no, they why have bars been served for over serving... If a tool was designed for theft the argument that it could be used for something legal is valid but still not just...

The system was locked to safeguard malware and also protect devs and many other reasons...

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I understand your side and I agree also, but I can validate both sides and choose not to endorse it... Do I not have that right of belief or is your opinion the only correct one?

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I worked at the Apple store until recently, and I'd say about 60% of those who owned iPhones had them jailbroken. Additionally, as perviously suggested in this thread, Apple Store employees don't get any kind of discount whatsoever on iPhones.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I understand your side and I agree also, but I can validate both sides and choose not to endorse it... Do I not have that right of belief or is your opinion the only correct one?

And that's all it is. It's just my opinion. Not trying to twist yours or anybody's arm to think the way I do. Simply shedding different light on the issue.:D

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Of course I endorse jailbreaking!!! All my Buddies have JB phones and not or of them pirate anything from the app store. In fact, there was a statistic floating around a few months ago stating that US had the lowest percentage in pirating apps.

Jailbreaking is to free your phone from all the BS restrictions that uncle jobs has us under-

If you ask me, I enjoy flipping through my rhapsody music collection through my headphone command button while I'm surfing the web at the same time :)

A stock iPhone is good but a jb iPhone is sooo much better and we all know it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77