NEED help... this has been bugging me for months (sync problem)

mkharris08

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
So heres the whole story.
about 2 months ago maybe... something weird happend to my itunes (i have vista), and it got wiped from my computer, thus i had to reinstall it, and put all my music and everyhting back. But since then, when i tried to sync, it said that this phone has been synced with another computer (it hasnt, only this one), and that i would have to wipe this phone clean to sync with this computer. the only thing is... i dont want to lose my text history, or any app settings (im at level 53 in cartoon wars...), so ive just survived without syncing my phone at all.

I have just got a copy of windows 7 ultimate, and want to do a clean install. Ive backed up all my files, folders, music (itunes folder) to an external harddrive, and want to do the install, but will that fix my problem at all?

Is there anything i can do to salvage my text history and saved app settings/progress????

mkharris08

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
well yeah, i can still backup my phone, and then restore, but the only things it syncs are contacts and calenders. everyhting else when i try to check those things it tells me this is a new iphone, and asks me to wipe it clean. i just want to know if i can save my texts and app info

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
ah, well, check your backup folder, and save a copy of the newest backup before you iPhone issues. When you setup Windows 7, you'd restore that said backup...

Yes, you'll lose X days of text etc, but I'm sure that's a small price to pay for what you're trying to do.

mkharris08

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
well, that last day was about 2 months ago... would i lose everything ive done since then (i mean app progresss/settings/ect)? and where are those backups located? windows explorer is kinda messed up, and is the reason i have to clean install windows 7. most of the time that error message comes up saying "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". I was told my version of windows was corrupted and that i should clean install 7.

I mean i guess texts history and app data are a small price to pay... but if theres a way i can salvage them that doesnt take too much work, id love to know

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The way you've done it and with the amount of time that's gone by, unless you're willing to invest in one of those 3rd party apps that promise to save text messages, you're pretty much out of luck.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
there are applications to extract the data inside those backups.

the stuff your trying to do is possible, but youll have some problems.. search for iphone backup extractor on google. or you can download this one (i found the x64 since your a ....vista user.): 64bit iphone backup extractor - reincubate. chances are your going to end up having to jailbreak and replace the root files of your sms, and applications.

or invest in a false 3rd party app, like alli suggested...

mkharris08

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
well, i have the 32-bit version of vista, will that matter?.
I tried downloading from that link, but it only gives me 2 options for backup, one is from the 4th, and the other is from over a year ago (2.0 firmware). neither is really what i was looking for.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, I had this happen to when I switched from my PC to my brand new iMac, which I love by the way, anyway. When I transferred my apps from my iPhone to my mac, the data went with them. You should be ok if you hit the transfer purchased items.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal