UK law regarding warranty replacement

Jonc

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Taking my dead 3gs iphone into an apple service centre tomorrow and it sounds like I will be offered a recon replacement.

Mine is only four months old and it has been suggested to me that I should be entitled to a brand new replacement.

I would be grateful if any one can offer any advise or better still a link to back this up so I can print it out and take it with me.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
If you do indeed get a refurb, ask and make sure it is covered by a warranty and that the length of that warranty is as long as the new phone it replaced.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You signed am agreement when you bought the phone

have you read it

alternately, only a lawyer can advise you on your legal rights

Jonc

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Interesting that a recon may be better that a new one and yes I will check out the warranty length.

flyingember yes I have checked my copy of my Air time agreement with o2 and there is no mention of warranty.

If I am not happy with a recon model I will be taking the case up with o2 as they are responsible for the warranty as I purchased the phone from them. I am going to the Apple store as this is the quickest option.

I will not be consulting a Lawyer. A call to Trading standards on Monday will give me all the info I will need.

Thanks for your replies.

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I just can't figure out where this thought of self entitlement comes from. You are giving them used product so why shouldn't they give you used product in return?
Another option you have, if you don't want refurbished, is to have them repair your phones

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
A refurb is better in some ways, it has been tested more... a new one misses that quality control. Honestly I dont believe they owe you a new one, yours is 4 months old and not new

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro