Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering, Since i cannot plug in my iphone to my pc...it doesnt read it for nothing...tried everything but to no avail....my warranty has expired but the store i bought it from has pumped up the purchase date to show that i have another month left on my warranty. Since its not detectable on the pc/mac is there anyother way that they can know that the warranty has expired? Thanks

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
why can't you plug it into your PC?

plugging it into your pc has nothing to do with the warranty. it's based off the serial number and the purchase date

Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
my pc wont read it at all!! I can charge it through a wall and car charger but when i plug it into the pc...nothing!! not even a charge! i even went to the apple store and their mac couldnt read it. tried different cables and everything u can think of. That's why i figured that if i bring it in , since it cant be seen and my guy where i bought it from bumped up the date of purchase on my reciept, how can they tell if and when i i bought it at that date or not since it cant be read on any pc? If i could find a way to figure out the problem of it not being read by a pc i wouldnt go to the length of trying to egt a new one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thnx

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
plugging it into your pc has nothing to do with the warranty. it's based off the serial number and the purchase date

this info is not stored on the phone.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Your serial number can be found in settings > general > about (as well as in iTunes when you plug it into a computer). I thought that Apple could determine your purchase date from your serial number? Did you register your iPhone when you first got it?

"my warranty has expired but the store i bought it from has pumped up the purchase date to show that i have another month left on my warranty"

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by this. Is your warranty expired or not? What kind of iPhone do you have, 3G? Did you have a receipt emailed to you? If you can't prove that you iPhone is still under warrantee, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks For ur responses,
Loudrims , How do i put it in DFU mode without connecting it to the pc?

Leanna, my guys at the store i purchased it from gave me a reciept showing that i purchased it Jan 09 instead of July 08. But i did register it when i bought it yes i did! Will that show up at apple and bypass the "fixed" receipt? If so what do you think they'll do? What i'm afraid of is i erase everything on it only to bring it o them and they tell me to take a hike and then i'm stuck with an iphone i wont be able to jailbreak again due to the non connectivity issue. Ur thoughts are welcomed..Thanks

Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Btw, yes y iphone is a 3G. It runs very well.....exept for this problem of not wanting to connect to a pc...other than that its great...charges and everything...just wont get recognized by any pc/mac.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
heres how to put your phone into dfu mode (its easier to have it plugged in and do it):

step 1: hold the power/home buttons for 10 secontds
step 2: Release power button continue holding home (make sure you do this before the apple logo pops up)
step 3: wait for message to pop up on pc. (you have itunes right? start that up prior to doing this)

if that doesnt work theres probably another 1500000 tutorials to show you how to put your phone into dfu mode..

also before taking this step, have you tried a hard shutdown while plugged in? hold the power button until it completely turn off, no sliding. see if that makes it register first, then try DFU mode.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Leanna, my guys at the store i purchased it from gave me a reciept showing that i purchased it Jan 09 instead of July 08. But i did register it when i bought it yes i did! Will that show up at apple and bypass the "fixed" receipt? If so what do you think they'll do? What i'm afraid of is i erase everything on it only to bring it o them and they tell me to take a hike and then i'm stuck with an iphone i wont be able to jailbreak again due to the non connectivity issue. Ur thoughts are welcomed..Thanks

If your receipt shows Jan 09, then I don't think you'll have a problem. However, is your iPhone currently jailbroken? If it is, then Apple won't help you. It technically voids your warranty. So if you bring in a jailbroken iPhone, they'll tell you to take a hike. How do you plan to restore your phone before bringing it in if you can't connect it to a computer?

Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey Leanna, Thank u for ur response! I was thinking of a complete reset from the setting. They wont be able to plug it in anyhow to see if they can detect anything! I think when u do a Master reset it deletes everything on it...Right? Please let me know if i'm wrong.Thanks

Pankratiast

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
but how will they be able to see if it's jailbroken if they cant plug it and if all data is erased to factory settings ..as it states when it asks "r u sure you want to proceed with..."? Thanks

HCWHunter

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Your "fixed" receipt isn't going to do any good since your iPhone was registered. The Apple store will just type in your serial # and find out the warranty is expired. You can't "fix" the registration with Apple.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that if you plug it into your computer and then put it into DFU mode the computer will recognize the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal