Must have in a new iPhone
With all the new phones coming out recently (Droid, HTC HD2, Nokia N900) or soon (Google Phone) what do you think are some features, abilities, or changes that the new iPhone will need to stay relevant. This is assuming that the 4th Gen iPhone comes out in June (2010) with OS 4.0.
- 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM #2
- 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM #3
- 12-15-2009, 09:55 PM #4
widgets! or some sort of a customizable home screen. something to make me not just like all the others. for something thats supposed to make me think different, i look just like everyone else thinking different, thereby making me think the same! LOL
- 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM #5
- 12-16-2009, 02:13 PM #6
- 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM #7
Better management of notifications would be great. I would also like to be able to add custom themes and email tones without having to jailbreak. And for the love of man, get rid of that slick shiny plastic case. A matte finish would be nice.
- 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM #8
I have a short list of things that would be nice ( in order of importance to me)
1)BETTER BATTERY LIFE
2)New app and UI management, it's just too damn cluttered now
3)More storage ( ex 64GB as opposed to a max of 32)
4)New notification system
5)Produce a proper resolution video instead of the current iphone screen one
6)Camera and video camera zoom
7)21 MB/S where supported?
9)New hardware look. Current one is dated.
10) Oleophobic all over
11) Wireless sync like in the Zunes
12) Custom themes and tones without jailbreak
13) For the love of god a understandable app approval process.
Last edited by BuddhistGirafe; 12-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.
- 12-17-2009, 05:13 PM #9
- 12-17-2009, 08:49 PM #10
- 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM #11
- 12-18-2009, 08:03 AM #12
- 12-18-2009, 08:13 AM #13
- 12-18-2009, 12:37 PM #14
- 12-18-2009, 09:46 PM #15
- 12-18-2009, 11:16 PM #16
- 12-19-2009, 01:22 AM #17
- 12-19-2009, 08:26 AM #18
- 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM #19
- 12-19-2009, 11:21 AM #20
- 12-22-2009, 10:19 AM #21
It's more so the little things that bother me the most.
Here is my list.
Finder for supported Files ( update for iTunes for Finder )
( instead of needing wifi to transfer apps with similar apps )
Begin to add Photos from a brand new email
- Add multiple attachments ( if finder becomes a core app )
3G Toggle on Settings Main Menu !
- Create Calender events from Mail or text message
( as you can in OS X )
- Universal Inbox
Voice Memo should record phone conversations.
-Should have a search History
-Searches the web
-Search for SMS and Calender
- Alternate routes
- Edit routes with multiple stops
- Auto-adjust route if user goes off route.
- Set brightness time out.
- copy within app store
- copy n paste lyrics into song
- Repeat /Shuffle on iPod Shortcut
- pinch to zoom
- ( higher resolution ? )
- a section in the settings to add our own words.
- words from apps, music artist names automatically added.
- the video should not restart if I recieve a call.
- edit groups
- 12-22-2009, 03:27 PM #22iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
- Higher screen resolution. (less black on the front and more screen)
- Some type of software on the lockscreen that can replace the functionality of Intelliscreen
- Ability to change the black wallpaper.
- Add another tab at the top of the phone recent tab for out going calls
- Add an easy way to skip to the bottom of a page in Safari.
- Full screen in Safari with no top and bottom borders. (Something similar to where the border disappears in Youtube when screen is tapped.)
- Make it so Safari doesn't auto refresh every time I go to Safari….this happens a lot when I click a link within Safari and another page is opened. When I return to the original page it refreshes. Not always but a lot. (Unnecessarily wastes the battery)
- A better notification system!
- A quicker way to toggle Wifi, 3G, GPs, Bluetooth,.....
- Custom alert tones - email, text, notifications…
- Background application for none apple applications (even if it was only limited to certain apps)
- LED light
- A way to skip to a specific page on springboard (the dots are there on the bottom of springboard, you should be able to run your finger over that area to move to different pages)
- Navigation in Google Maps
- Signal bars that are accurate!
- Combined email mailbox
- A way to see and respond to text, emails, notification while using another app.
- Spotlight – that searches the web
- When I first unlock my phone I would to be presented with information, news, missed text, phone calls, weather something other then rows of applications.
- 12-22-2009, 03:50 PM #23
I would like to see:
-Web Search included in Spotlight
-Redisgned Notes App
-Deletion of STOCKS App
-5MP Cam W/Flash
-Better Photo Editing
Customization should be looked at more. Although, its not the most important aspect by any means, it is a big part of what makes a phone attractive. The case design is brilliant, now lets work on the UI.
- 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM #24
Last edited by TeknologeeFreak; 12-22-2009 at 03:55 PM.
- 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM #25