Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Question When will Apple release 3.1.3?

anyone wanna place bets on when apple will release 3.1.3? we all know it is coming soon. i am not holding my breath for 3.2 anymore as it is so well overdue and apple is probably 100% focused on 4.0 now. they will probably release 3.1.3 in about a week or so i would imagine. more than likely next week before christmas then it will be full on work on 4.0 march or so they will do a preview of the new OS and the SDK then in june or early july we will see a new iphone hopefully with a HD screen and a flash camera. so in short anyone want to guess when we might see 3.1.3? and for fun sake what bugs you think it might fix?
    iPhone Newbie

I bet we don't see anything until after January - whats the point of an update now? It won't sell phones before Christmas - it would have come out before thanksgiving if it was coming this year. IMHO
    iPhone Nanite

I am hoping for Bluetooth fix so next track, volume, etc. can be used like it was intended. Come on Apple.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

no one here has any way of answering this. any answer given is a guess taken out of thin air

Quote Originally Posted by flyingember View Post
    no one here has any way of answering this. any answer given is a guess taken out of thin air
    I think we know that Einstein !
    iMore Newbie

Apple is very secretive.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

If and when it shows up, I wonder if it will be Jailbreakable still?
    Gimme a vector, Victor. I'm coming home. Roger, Roger. Huh?
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by flyingember View Post
    Do you even read the post or just the title? He is looking for guesses on what others think. Wow.

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to see an update. After it's out inhave to wait for a blackra1n update anyway. I'm more curious about what 4.0 will do for us.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,781 Global Posts

Yep, i'm content waiting for 4.0. Jailbroken 3.1 is fine with me til then.

Reason there is no 3.2? As the OS matures, there's not much more minor stuff to add in. Best to save for 4.0 and that big splash marketing effort.

Not to mention if multitasking and UI changes are coming, adding updates now to something that may be changed soon may get in the way. So i see no 3.2 as a sign they're making more than minor changes in 4.0.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jtz5 View Post
    I am hoping for Bluetooth fix so next track, volume, etc. can be used like it was intended. Come on Apple.
    I second that - would love a good set of bluetooth headphones, but if I have to keep pulling my phone out to us them - whats the point!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell View Post
    I second that - would love a good set of bluetooth headphones, but if I have to keep pulling my phone out to us them - whats the point!
    I am not sure that I understand what you are looking for. I use the Plantronics 260. I can listen to podcasts and music, control volume, answer incoming calls, answer second incoming call, switch between calls, and initiate voice control. I use the 260 control with three different headsets. The ones that came with it, Hf2 noise isolating (both of these support the phone) and Philips active noise canceling (includes another control and does not support phone calls; use only on board planes).

What else are you looking for?

Perhaps the function that you are looking for is in the head-set, not the iPhone. For example, I use an LG HBM-520 with which I can do "last number re-dial" but cannot invoke voice control.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I would hope sometime in January. If not then I guess February. I honestly have no idea. Soon though I hope, I LOVE UPDATES.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell View Post
    I agree. I can do volume control; with mine, but cannot advance the tracks and find that verrry annoying
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

You guys have shattered my dreams of a 3.2 Christmas [or other Winter Holiday]! Although what you say makes sense, and I'm hoping you're right, that the folks at Apple are waiting until after winter to set us up with something spectacular to compete with the Googles and RIMs of the world. My only wish for a 3.2 release would be some way to categorize apps without jailbreaking. For 4.0, I'd hope that they make the need to jailbreak completely obsolete by releasing an OS update that allows for lockscreen app goodness, background running app loveliness, and other jailbreaky-type stuff (I can't think of anything else 'cuz I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, but there must be other reasons you jailbreakers did it other than just because you can)!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosmos View Post
    You guys have shattered my dreams of a 3.2 Christmas [or other Winter Holiday]! Although what you say makes sense, and I'm hoping you're right, that the folks at Apple are waiting until after winter to set us up with something spectacular to compete with the Googles and RIMs of the world. My only wish for a 3.2 release would be some way to categorize apps without jailbreaking. For 4.0, I'd hope that they make the need to jailbreak completely obsolete by releasing an OS update that allows for lockscreen app goodness, background running app loveliness, and other jailbreaky-type stuff (I can't think of anything else 'cuz I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, but there must be other reasons you jailbreakers did it other than just because you can)!
    Jailbreaking is not so much about Apple as it is about AT&T. While Apple has an interest in a stable product, most of the restrictions that people jailbreak to get around, that is restrictions on the use of broadband data, are restrictions that AT&T insists on. Apple cannot fix things unilaterally.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Oh, I didn't realize that there were restrictions on broadband use! Except for tethering, and that was one that I forgot about, I don't know how you would use more broadband than what AT&T offers in a 3G coverage area? But then I mostly use WiFi at home or at others' homes or when I'm traveling at hotels and such...I usually don't try to watch YouTube videos over 3G. But I never realized I was being restricted!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Is this pure speculation or is there some reason to believe that there is 3.1.3 in Apple's plan? What have I missed?
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosmos View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize that there were restrictions on broadband use! Except for tethering, and that was one that I forgot about, I don't know how you would use more broadband than what AT&T offers in a 3G coverage area? But then I mostly use WiFi at home or at others' homes or when I'm traveling at hotels and such...I usually don't try to watch YouTube videos over 3G. But I never realized I was being restricted!
    Tethering is the main one but there are others, including Sling. The issue is not what AT&T offers. AT&T permits other devices, e.g., Windows Mobile devices, to use broadband for these applications. Indeed, they do not have a control that would restrict them. Instead, they enter into an agreement (in restraint of trade) with Apple to reject applications that do this. If one jailbreaks, one is not limited to Apple approved apps. If one jailbreaks, one is peer with Windows Mobile. One can do whatever the application will do.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Ahhh, that makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!
    iPhone Intermediate

I think they should just skip 3.1.3 an include it in a x.x update. Since x.x.x just means it's a minor update, it's not enough to hold your breath for. We might get " improved " reception or what ever.
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmariJames View Post
    I think they should just skip 3.1.3 an include it in a x.x update. Since x.x.x just means it's a minor update, it's not enough to hold your breath for. We might get " improved " reception or what ever.
    Is there anything to skip? Is there a plan associated with this number? There is always a higher number. The existence of a number does not imply anything.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I'd like to be able to skip tracks while using the ipod player in horizontal mode. Is there anyway to do that? Newbie here.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    I'd like to be able to skip tracks while using the ipod player in horizontal mode. Is there anyway to do that? Newbie here.
    I wish they gave us the option to turn that godforsaken crap they call cover flow off.
    Giraffes are people too.
    Tip the scales... you know you want to.
    15" Retina MBP 2.6GHz / 512GB
    Game Center ID: Brenden
    iPhone Beginner

My wishful thinking and Christmas Cheer try to tell me that we will get something Christmas Day!!! I think im just setting myself up for disappointment, though.

I would think that around the New Year after everyone gets their new iPhones and Touch's for Christmas, Apple will release an update so everyone can get their update on...
    iPhone Newbie

I think she will make 3.2...