newbie to iphone... please help..
i've been with blackberry for the last 5 years and moved to iphone.. (since i moved from windows to mac and thought that the iphone would be better than a blackberry...)
the interface is absolutely fantastic ... every app that i've downloaded is 100% practical and i simply love the device. Few issues which i've tried v.hard to sort out but just unable to ...
I receive on an average 125 to 150 emails per day - mostly work related.
1. Even after the inbox shows the email, when i click on it, it shows that the message is being downloaded. So when a message appears in the inbox, is the message downloaded or not? Sometimes it opens up right away (inspite of having an attachment) and sometimes it takes forever to open up (even though its just text)... Can somebody please guide on this ...
2. I've tried to search but haven't come to a clear reply - is it possible to use mobileme a/c but show the sender as my email id? I have only 1 email id (pop3)and dont want to change it to ....@me.com.
3. Is there any app that can work as auto-text works on blackberry - within mail itself.
4. is there any app that can spell check once i'm done typing an email ... just before sending it..?
thanks for the help.
- 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM #2
if you used a ton of the blackberry PIM features you will find the iphone does not work the same way.
1. this is normal
2. No. it sends using the account that shows up as the from. Blackberries were worse on this. with the iphone you can change the account you reply with
3 and 4. No app can run within mail or be referenced from mail at this time. if you find a third party app to do what you want you would have to copy and paste the text to the mail app.
Thx for the reply.
1. email - is there anything that can be done to tweak this issue or minimise it so that when u click on a message it actually opens up.
2. sorry, i did'nt understand your reply. So i can have a mobileme a/c and when i send an email it will show up as from my domain a/c instead of me.com??
3. 3 & 4 - got it - thanks.
- 12-14-2009, 10:38 AM #4
sorry .. but hopefully i will not bother u more..
so, you're saying that i keep my normal pop3 a/c + mobile me a/c.
when i get the email in my mobile me a/c i reply it but use my normal pop3 a/c to reply back, right?
Is it possible to set up mobile me so that all outgoing emails show my normal a/c email id instead of ....@me.com.
Finally, you indicated in your first post that its normal for emails to take time to appear ... does mobile me help this issue in any way? I mean... with mobile me the emails are "pushed" right? So with mobile me do the emails appear faster?
Many thanks for your help - very deeply appreciate. Thank you.
- 12-15-2009, 04:21 PM #6
For each reply, you can select which account you reply from. Downside is you have to do this every time you want to send from a different account.
This is done within the reply message. Tap in the Cc/Bcc, From: area and you will be able to select which account it is sent from.