Anybody ever left iPhone but came back....

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the 1st generation iPhone 4GB when it first came out. I had it for 6 months and the fact that we couldn't send picture messages drove my wife crazy. We left and we just came back with iPhone 3GS 16GB and love them!

I've been a Blackberry user since, but love my iPhone.

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I have done this. Soon to be twice. DON'T LEAVE THE iPHONE! I left for a BlackBerry Bold and came back within two months because I got bored. This time I left for an HTC Fortress and want to go back this time as well. (had this one since Nov 7) But, my iPhone is dead-ish (cracked but working screen and I spilled water on it the night before last, hope it lives) so I can't for the moment. My point being, yes I have done this twice, yes I have regretted it both times.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
above
You had a crack screen iphone 3 times?
White iPhone 3G Refurb with 35 cracks (yes, I counted them) It's my third one.
iPhone 3G #1: broke the screen
iPhone 3G #2: broke the screen within a week of getting it
iPhone 3G #3: current one- dropped it a million times and it still works
I HEART 3.0

Uh maybe apple need to update that stupid arse glass screen

waanz

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Definitely tried a few times to leave my beloved iPhone for:

- a Blackberry bold: very productive, effective typing, etc... but I ended up missing the iPhone

- a Samsung Galaxy (Android): beautiful OLED screen but that's it!! I quickly missed the iPhone after about a day!

- an HTC hero (Android) which I really tought would convince me: beautiful form factor, nice Sense UI interface, etc... but guess what, I still missed the iPhone.

Am back to my iPhone and hoping that the Google Nexus One can offer me that alternative which I am drooling for !!

Erwan
bitsmedia<dot>com
twitter: @bitsmedia

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Reading all these comments make me realize that I'm nothing more than a typical knuckle-dragging cro-mag caveman.

I've been tied down with my 3G for over a year. It has done little to piss me off and has done most everything right. It's been dependable, staying by my side day and night. But somehow I still want to dump it for a shiny new girlfriend, like the Hero or Droid.

I feel so ashamed of my behavior. I can only hope that my iPhone will forgive my "transgressions" and will continue to serve me day in and day out.

But seriously, you guys have provided some great feedback. Thanks!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Since owning my 3GS I have tried a few devices for a couple days. One being a Blackberry 9700 and I also tried a Rogerss HTC Dream. Ya.. I came back to the iPhone.

This song shows why I hate people who hate the iPhone for MINOR flaws, if they have a serious problem with it, I completely understand, I am no fan boy and realize it has flaws, everything does, but if someone leaves it because of lack of themes for instance, I show them this..

YouTube - Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi ft. Vanessa Carlton

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I had an original iPhone that I left for a BlackBerry instead of getting the 3G. I was content with my blackberry for a year or so, but with the gf having an iPhone, I saw what it was capable of doing with the new software so now I'm back. I don't intend to leave either. As of now, the only phone I would abandon my current iPhone for is the 4th gen iPhone, if its impressive enough.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2