Question re: ability to have multiple calendars, including an Exchange calendar.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone-

My current setup is one Exchange email account that syncs email only, and my contacts, calendar and notes sync with Outlook on my home computer.

My office is beginning to use Outlook more and more for its calendaring system as well. So, I have a couple questions:

(1) If I go into my Exchange settings on the iPhone and allow it to sync the Exchange calendar, will it wipe out my personal calendar that syncs with my home computer?

(2) If the answer to the previous question is "no," and both calendars can exist simultaneously, what happens when I once again sync with my home computer? Will all the Exchange calendar entries get synced to my home computer? Or, are they somehow kept completely separate?

Thanks for the help.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
GadgetGuru72,

I had similar questions when I started using an iPhone (1 month ago) and here is what I discovered:

Syncing with Exchange is independent of syncing on a local computer or with MobileMe (I am currently at the beginning of a 60 day trial). The Exchange data syncs wirelessly ONLY and will not bump into your local sync or with the MobileMe push. Having an Exchange hooked up does mean that you cannot use google sync because both need microsft exchange services and the iPhone will only allow one.

To answer your second question, using a local sync, I believe the events on my exchange calendar did show up on my personal calendar. I can't quite remember as before I got an iPhone, I had a blackberry and had to manually enter exchange calendar information into my personal calendar.

I can tell you that the iPhone handles exchange contact and calendar information extremely well (especially calendar invites) and I have been very satisfied with the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2