If Computer has Virus can iPhone be effected?

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a computer at work that had some sort of virus scanner virus on it. I thought we got rid of it but it still remains on the computer. When you turn on the computer it starts up and you have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and End the process to stop it.

Can this effect my iPhone if I plug it in? I have pluged my Blackberry into this computer and that seems to be OK.

Thanks

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
viruses have to be programmed to work on the OS

A windows virus will not work on an iphone. an iphone is like a Mac. It uses a different method of running programs.

but assume the virus is programmed to work on an iphone and assume it gets past the review process

since no app can run in the background you would have to have the app open for the virus to run. close the app and the virus stops

but assume you jailbroke your iphone and let the app run in the background. well, then you brought the problem on yourself

Your blackberry runs Java which does run in windows. a virus could be programmed to run on a blackberry AND windows. I believe blackberries prompt you before they will install and run anything, however

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner