WTF Iphone Makes My Damn PC Make Noise

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Seriously WTF is that about?And nobody else better not say you have not experienced this...Both my 3g and now 3gs make my pc make all of these zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noises when I a text is bout to come in or a call?Is that all AT&T phones or just this Iphone?Its beyond aggravating because my pc is in my bedroom...And it does it round any computer I am around:cool:

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
is your iPhone plugged into the PC? because my verizon blackberry used to make my speakers on both my phone & PC 'buzz' before a call/email/SMS came in on my BB. was weird. but (here it comes) i have NOT experienced this on my iPhone. sorry. and my iPhone sits right on my desk all day.

does this happen when you are on Edge, 3G or WiFi? or does it matter?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Every phone I've had has done this. It is transmitting so it's kinda par for the course

would it damage the pc u think ?somebody said it would saying that it has something to do with magnetic crap...None of my sprint phones has ever done that.I remember years ago when i had Verizon pre paid phone(by audiovox some ugly cheap phone in like 2000 i believe) it did it..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is just GSM feedback. All GSM phones will do this around a pc. They always have. CDMA phones don't.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
would it damage the pc u think ?somebody said it would saying that it has something to do with magnetic crap...None of my sprint phones has ever done that.I remember years ago when i had Verizon pre paid phone(by audiovox some ugly cheap phone in like 2000 i believe) it did it..

Won't damage the computer, it's just the speakers getting the feedback. I get it on my office phone too. Don't worry about it.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Right, but how would Verizon be silly in this case?

just a joke. wasn't meant to spark a discussion. simply poking fun @ the fact that verizon is the only network running on CMDA. seems odd to isolate themselves from everyone else's configurations. that's all. sorry if i offended anyone with a simple comment.

now, back to the thread at hand...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Verizon isn't the only one - Sprint is also CDMA. And the noise is GSM induced, not a particular speed. You will still get GSM interference whether you're on EDGE or 3G.

Just sayin'.

K100Fran

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone cause minor interference...my old Nextel phone drove me nuts, it interererred w/ everything PCs, radios, TV. I had to get into the habit of not leaving it on the nightstand near the clock radio.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That's GSM noise, very common. It's the computer, the speakers are improperly shielded from electromagnetic interference. My old laptop used to do this, at least you get an advanced warning your phone is about to ring or you are getting a call. Also, yes as others have said when on 3G it doesn't seem to happen, only EDGE. But EDGE is old news.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner