Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Default Weather Channel Icon Missing

I just installed the Weather Channel app. Once the install completed, the icon for the app vanished. So far I've done the following to try to get it back but with no results;
    1. Re-booted phone
    2. turned off themes and went back to regular iphone look
    3. checked my SBSettings to make sure icon isn't hidden

I also tried going back into the app store to either delete or reinstall but it just says that the app is installed.

How do I either make the icon show up or delete the app completely so I can try to re-install it?
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

are you on 3.1.2?

there was a bug fix for that issue in this version
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I've read the same thing before so try doing a search for hidden icons or categories to find some of the threads and see what worked for others. The first thing you could try is to search for the app just flip right from the home screen to get to the finder and do a search see if the app shows up in your search. Do you have categories? or have you ever had categories? Is your phone Jailbroken?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingember View Post
    are you on 3.1.2?

there was a bug fix for that issue in this version
    Yes, I'm on 3.1.2 and jailbroken.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I've read the same thing before so try doing a search for hidden icons or categories to find some of the threads and see what worked for others. The first thing you could try is to search for the app just flip right from the home screen to get to the finder and do a search see if the app shows up in your search. Do you have categories? or have you ever had categories? Is your phone Jailbroken?
    The search feature finds the app but I'd eally like to have the icon as well.

I am jailbroken but I don't and never have used categories.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Not sure why it worked but when I enabled restrictions and then turned restrictions back off, the icon appeared. Found that after doing a little more detailed searching in the forum.

Thanks for the help.