iPhone and Playstation 3 ?

Antilop

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Don't know if it's the correct forum, but i would like to know if it's possible to link the iPhone to the Playstation 3 (through bluetooth) in order to talk during online playing ?

Thanks,

Antilop.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
There is a help forum , but a Mod will move .

Now to the qestion , how will you use your phone to talk through the playstation ? I dont believe the phone will connect because there is nothing the two can do with each other , the Iphone does not support transfer over bluetooth .

So I would say no

And I know the PS3 doesnt recognize a Iphone as a harddrive . But it might be different for A JB phone .

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There is a help forum , but a Mod will move .

Now to the qestion , how will you use your phone to talk through the playstation ? I dont believe the phone will connect because there is nothing the two can do with each other , the Iphone does not support transfer over bluetooth .

So I would say no

And I know the PS3 doesnt recognize a Iphone as a harddrive . But it might be different for A JB phone .

Not saying your wrong but it seems the IPhone is capable of doing this. Just not sure how. I'm sure others will chime in. I have a PS3 as well so i'm curious how much the Iphone can or cannot do with a PS3.

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is kind of off topic but I don't think many people know about this. There is a app and I'll post link below. Where the IPhone can control blu ray discs with bd touch with not only a ps3 but other blu ray players with bd touch. The app is in the app store.

http://www.netblender.com/main/products/bd-touch/screenshots/

So basically if the PS3 is capable of using an Iphone to do this. The ps3 can accept wi-fi or other internet connections. The Iphone can bluetooth and bluetooth audio. I see no reason why he can't just not sure how. I'm sure its not the most common thing to setup.

Josh

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Don't know if it's the correct forum, but i would like to know if it's possible to link the iPhone to the Playstation 3 (through bluetooth) in order to talk during online playing ?

Thanks,

Antilop.

The iPhone isn't a bluetooth transmitter, it's a receiver, just like the PS3. You're not going to be able to use the iPhone as a headset for the PS3.

If you buy a bluetooth headset, you should be able to use it for both your PS3 and iPhone.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I am still waiting on being able to use the iphone as a bluetooth keyboard with the ps3, but as someone just posted I don't think its going to happen since its only a receiver and not a transmitter.

I also want sony to come out with an app like the one that just got released for xbox 360 to manage my PSN friends and messages. I hate trying to type using a controller and I don't wanna go out and but a bluetooth keyboard just for quick messages to friends.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone isn't a bluetooth transmitter, it's a receiver, just like the PS3. You're not going to be able to use the iPhone as a headset for the PS3.

If you buy a bluetooth headset, you should be able to use it for both your PS3 and iPhone.

I play with my bluetooth head set and keep my phone together all the time while playing Call Of Duty , it great when ganging up on mission with your on crew .

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

how can either device transmit to a headset if it's only a receiver?

it's not like the call is coming from the headset. it's being transmitted from the iphone

still doesn't mean it can pair with a ps3 granted but your reasoning doesn't make sense

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox