How well is the 3gs A2DP (Using bluetooth audio in car)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Before I go about doing this I'm in need of opinions or personal experience in quality. I ordered a car head unit to put in my mustang gt. This headunit has bluetooth built in. Telephone bluetooth and audio bluetooth and works well with any Apple products.

So I need to know how well the Iphone 3gs performs doing bluetooth audio from its built in Ipod. Is the quality that of CD or digital?

I can hook my ipod up but since its a 3rd generation it requires an adapter for the cd player to sync all the music into itself. This isn't one of those cd players that you just plug up an ipod or mp3 player and have to use the ipod to control the music it shows everything on the headunit.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Funny, I just tested this out today with my 3GS and Droid. Both performed equally well. I would say the quality was a tad below CD quality. Better than the radio in my opinion.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Funny, I just tested this out today with my 3GS and Droid. Both performed equally well. I would say the quality was a tad below CD quality. Better than the radio in my opinion.

How do you like the droid? I heard the CPU is lacking. To small for the high definition the phone has.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Before I go about doing this I'm in need of opinions or personal experience in quality. I ordered a car head unit to put in my mustang gt. This headunit has bluetooth built in. Telephone bluetooth and audio bluetooth and works well with any Apple products.

So I need to know how well the Iphone 3gs performs doing bluetooth audio from its built in Ipod. Is the quality that of CD or digital?

I can hook my ipod up but since its a 3rd generation it requires an adapter for the cd player to sync all the music into itself. This isn't one of those cd players that you just plug up an ipod or mp3 player and have to use the ipod to control the music it shows everything on the headunit.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

What headunit are you using because i also have an ipod friendly headunit with the built in iPod interface. I have the Pioneer P3100DVD...Whats yours?

Vctorm1000

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Well I use my 3gs with a blackberry vm-605 and it works wonderfully, i would also say the music quality is a tad below the quality a cd has.