YouTube isn't working on my phone.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
YouTube isn't working on my phone. [RESOLVED]

Ok, so i've searched these forums and google but haven't found a solution yet. The YouTube app works just fine but for some reason the videos don't work from the website or if they are embedded on other sites. Can someone help?

3Gs, JB'd using blackra1n

Everything worked fine before and AFTER blackra1n, it's just recently it stopped working.

Last edited:

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Nothing other than installing stuff from cydia and rock. I thought it was the safari download plugin but I disabled that and it still doesn't work.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
have you tried uninstalling those items from cydia and rock one at a time to see if they caused the problem?

remember, the key work to jailbreak is break. you had to break the phone's programming to be able to install those apps

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
So since I've jailbroken my phone I have watched videos using the you tube app and it worked fine. I just tried to check my subscriptions and it asked me to sign in. After signing in to the app YouTube videos are working in safari and my rss reader app.

Wheird.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I just found the answer. If you have categories installed and the YouTube app in there, the embedded videos won't work. You have to move the YouTube app out in the open. Works just fine now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2