returning iphone to at&t

Status
Not open for further replies.

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased an iphone 2 weeks ago. I havent really used it much. I got a protective shield thing for it which covers pretty much the whole phone. But as I took it off today I saw that the "apple" logo on the back of the phone has a small scratch on it which is not visible unless you look at it towards the light.

Will this stop me from returning it and exchanging? What exactly do i need to have in the box? I have all the accessories which came with the phone but I do not have the plastic wraps for the headphones and the USB cord which kept it together.

thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You need everything the phone came with to return it. If the scratch is not noticeable I would not worry about that.

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i returned it earlier today

i went into the store with just the phone no accessories, no box. The guy didnt even need my proof of purchase... kind of awesome that i get to keep those headphones, since they arep retty nice

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hm, that doesn't sound right. You better make sure you don't get charged something fierce on a bill. They should require everything.

Did you go into AT&T? That's sketchy. Did they give you a RETURN receipt?

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah went to AT&T. I actually called a local AT&T and specifically asked IF i can return the phone like that, the lady on the phone said its fine. Then I called a closer AT&T location asking the same thing, and the gentleman there said that was the case as well.

When i was returning the device he did ask if i had all the accessories (must have been a different person assisting me than who answered the phone) and I said no that I didnt and he continued with it. My receipt is one which credits my debit card. I looked at it and he added the restocking free of $19.99, subtracted $199.99 so my card was refunded about $180.

Guess I got lucky.

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
oh and as for receipt, i did actually have the original and asked him if he needed it and he said no, as he printed it out himself..

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah went to AT&T. I actually called a local AT&T and specifically asked IF i can return the phone like that, the lady on the phone said its fine. Then I called a closer AT&T location asking the same thing, and the gentleman there said that was the case as well.

When i was returning the device he did ask if i had all the accessories (must have been a different person assisting me than who answered the phone) and I said no that I didnt and he continued with it. My receipt is one which credits my debit card. I looked at it and he added the restocking free of $19.99, subtracted $199.99 so my card was refunded about $180.

Guess I got lucky.
oh cool so the restocking fee is only 20 bucks thats hot

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why did you return it? that really weird you didn't have to return the accessories LOL now you can sell them and make back the restocking fee.

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the iphone wasnt for me. Im more of a blackberry person. I liked the browser, and thought id like the apps but i didnt. All of them were things i could simply do by browsing the web on my blackberry. The battery life was pretty awful. The lack of physical keyboard was annoying, since it took twice or more as long to write emails and texts. It was more of a toy than a productivity device...

as for restocking fee, its 10% so since i had the iphone 3gs 16 gig for $199.99 i paid $20 restocking.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
the iphone wasnt for me. Im more of a blackberry person. I liked the browser, and thought id like the apps but i didnt. All of them were things i could simply do by browsing the web on my blackberry. The battery life was pretty awful. The lack of physical keyboard was annoying, since it took twice or more as long to write emails and texts. It was more of a toy than a productivity device...

as for restocking fee, its 10% so since i had the iphone 3gs 16 gig for $199.99 i paid $20 restocking.

So because you could not type on it after two weeks it's a toy? I love how blackberry folk come here claiming the iPhone is a toy. So because I could type on my iPhone faster than I could type on one of my old blackberry devices does that make them toys? :rolleyes:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
So because you could not type on it after two weeks it's a toy? I love how blackberry folk come here claiming the iPhone is a toy. So because I could type on my iPhone faster than I could type on one of my old blackberry devices does that make them toys? :rolleyes:

Agreed. I know a lot of people that use iPhones for business devices. Maybe the first model didn't have exchange support and other things it needed, but that problem was remedied a long time ago, and I don't see why a lot of BB people still need to assume or suggest the iPhone is simply a toy.

What kind of phone doesn't let you sort e-mails into folders? A blackberry! How ironic! :rolleyes:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

this is a classic example of somebody not giving the device enough time.
i too came from a BB and had concerns of the keyboard/typing...
now, its almost like it types for you.
as far as the battery goes... it's a new "toy" and what do we do with new toys??
you play with them, A LOT!!!
of course the battery is going to go fast but after time you will slow down and learn when to and when not to incur heavy usage.
i use mine for personal and work email.
the BB browser is awful, i do not miss RIM one bit.
sometimes people are better off just staying with BB, i swear to christ!

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Guys, why am i getting flamed? I listed the reasons of why i didnt like the iphone and you are bashing me. I SIMPLY DIDNT LIKE IT. I didnt come to the forum claiming i hate iphone since i do know it is an iphone related forum, so this reaction is typical, but I was asked why I returned the iphone in the post above me

Why did you return it? that really weird you didn't have to return the accessories LOL now you can sell them and make back the restocking fee.

i simply answered.

did i do anything wrong by voicing my opinion?

Yes blackberry has its ups and downs, but everytime I see an argument against blackberry users, iphone users seem so fierce like theyre defending their mothers. Its just a phone. I dont like iphone, i prefer blackberry, deal with it and dont try to convince me otherwise.

as far as the battery goes... it's a new "toy" and what do we do with new toys??
you play with them, A LOT!!!
of course the battery is going to go fast but after time you will slow down and learn when to and when not to incur heavy usage.

I know all about the novelty factor that is present with all new devices. BUT, I can say that with light, medium, or heavy useage on my blackberry, I know ill come home and have a little bit of juice left so my phone doesnt die on me. On the iphone however, yes i gave it a chance. I had it on one day without doing anything besides the "regular" functions, gathering email from 2 accounts, some texting, a short phone call and browsing the web for 10 minutes. After 10 hours the battery was at 10%. Dont like it. I took my blackberry off the charger this morning at 9AM, it is 9PM and I am at 50%. I listened to music, browsed the web heavily, texted a lot, used IMing programs, etc. The difference is vast. Just another reason i pick blackberry over iphone.

And going back to it being a "toy". Yes the iphone is a toy. There are more apps which create fart noises, or "help the mouse escape" than there are productivity apps. Yes, the iphone can be used as a business tool, which in my opinion, is worse than a blackberry for anyway, but it is more of an entertainment device.

Please, do not reply my reply about the iphone any longer. Anyone doing so just shows how immature you are, and you will not convince me that the iphone is worth a shot because in fact i just returned one.

On a side note, I am quite shocked now that i think back to my incident with the return of the device. I am not even the account holder! Every time one makes changes to an account, he/she is supposed to provide the name of the account holder along with ID. The man at the store asked the name, i told him, and he asked for ID where i told him i wasnt that person, and yet he continued to go on with what i wanted to do. Kind of funny if u ask me because he couldve lost his job if the rightful account owner called AT&T today and told them they didnt authorize the return of the iphone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Guys, why am i getting flamed? I listed the reasons of why i didnt like the iphone and you are bashing me. I SIMPLY DIDNT LIKE IT. I didnt come to the forum claiming i hate iphone since i do know it is an iphone related forum, so this reaction is typical, but I was asked why I returned the iphone in the post above me

i simply answered.

did i do anything wrong by voicing my opinion?

Yes blackberry has its ups and downs, but everytime I see an argument against blackberry users, iphone users seem so fierce like theyre defending their mothers. Its just a phone. I dont like iphone, i prefer blackberry, deal with it and dont try to convince me otherwise.

I know all about the novelty factor that is present with all new devices. BUT, I can say that with light, medium, or heavy useage on my blackberry, I know ill come home and have a little bit of juice left so my phone doesnt die on me. On the iphone however, yes i gave it a chance. I had it on one day without doing anything besides the "regular" functions, gathering email from 2 accounts, some texting, a short phone call and browsing the web for 10 minutes. After 10 hours the battery was at 10%. Dont like it. I took my blackberry off the charger this morning at 9AM, it is 9PM and I am at 50%. I listened to music, browsed the web heavily, texted a lot, used IMing programs, etc. The difference is vast. Just another reason i pick blackberry over iphone.

And going back to it being a "toy". Yes the iphone is a toy. There are more apps which create fart noises, or "help the mouse escape" than there are productivity apps. Yes, the iphone can be used as a business tool, which in my opinion, is worse than a blackberry for anyway, but it is more of an entertainment device.

Please, do not reply my reply about the iphone any longer. Anyone doing so just shows how immature you are, and you will not convince me that the iphone is worth a shot because in fact i just returned one.

On a side note, I am quite shocked now that i think back to my incident with the return of the device. I am not even the account holder! Every time one makes changes to an account, he/she is supposed to provide the name of the account holder along with ID. The man at the store asked the name, i told him, and he asked for ID where i told him i wasnt that person, and yet he continued to go on with what i wanted to do. Kind of funny if u ask me because he couldve lost his job if the rightful account owner called AT&T today and told them they didnt authorize the return of the iphone.

Nobody is bashing you and you can speak freely, just be prepared for people to respond. You were the one who said the iPhone was merely "a toy" so some people, including myself, responded with some valid points to dispute your statement. And you still have no real explanation of why you claim the iPhone to be a toy... because of some apps? So does that also make the blackberry a toy because they have some fart apps? With over 100,000 apps there are bound to be some garbage apps. Just because the BlackBerry app store is tiny does not mean those apps don't exist there... because they do.

So do you have a valid point?

Last edited:

xgm541

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have already made the point that I think the iphone is a toy compared to a blackberry. Nothing you can do or say will change that because its my opinion.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have already made the point that I think the iphone is a toy compared to a blackberry. Nothing you can do or say will change that because its my opinion.

Actually you have made no point at all. Just stating the iPhone is a toy because YOU think so doesn't make it true. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR