Where is 3.2 ?

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I think they are working on something big because all these droid phone are actually putting a little heat on apple .

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. Theres no telling what they could be working on. Since the Original IPhone came out in 2007, than 3g in 08, than 3gs in 09. Apple might be throwing all there cards into the 4th generation Iphone and basically not worrying about making the
3GS better. I could be wrong but this seems to be the most logical thing to do. But with the Droid going to Verizon us AT&T customers could care less about what they have. I'll stick with the 3GS and get the new Iphone in July or whenever it'll come out.

Josh

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
i just hope for a new iphone next year and i dont mean the same old look, i would like to see something slimmer maybe brush metal etc........

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping for a couple of things in an update. I think it's time ATT gave up restricting the tethering and I'd like to see that. A2DP needs to be fixed so skip back/skip forward works with ALL bluetooth headphones. Also, it would be cool if they gave all of us not on the 3GS voice control, if at all possible. Some of the apps needs to be improved, such as adding route tracking to the maps app, although this could be done with an update to the apps in question. Anyone else looking for anything specific.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see better battery life (not sure what they can do, really), and I'd like to be able to reply to a text or email without leaving the app I'm in. It'd be nice if the wallpaper could be visible on the normal springboard instead of just the lock screen. (You know, some of the cool things you can do with a jailbroken phone.)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. Theres no telling what they could be working on. Since the Original IPhone came out in 2007, than 3g in 08, than 3gs in 09. Apple might be throwing all there cards into the 4th generation Iphone and basically not worrying about making the
3GS better. I could be wrong but this seems to be the most logical thing to do. But with the Droid going to Verizon us AT&T customers could care less about what they have. I'll stick with the 3GS and get the new Iphone in July or whenever it'll come out.

Josh

i doubt this is the case. the 3GS isnt even really a half year old yet. there is no way they are going to stop trying to make it better because of the droid. droid isnt even on att, so there isnt really a direct competitor right now really. honestly besides minor cosmetic issues, i'm not real sure there is a whole lot more that apple can add to the iphone os unless they do a whole makeover. and i dont see that happening anytime soon.

ed_423

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
better battery. batter battery. and battery.
and of course, multi tasking (sending messages without closing apps)
better camera? led flash? 5.0 mega pixel?
an even FASTER processor? :p

and since we are talking bout updates here...if a new update DOES come out, and i update it, would i have to unlock AND jailbreak my iphone all over again?

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
All I'm hoping for in an update is 3rd party app multitasking, mainly so I don't have to restart an app when I reply to a message. That's the number one thing I would like to see. A second thing is increased customization. Let us make themes and stuff like that. Unfortunately, I think anything of that nature would come with OS 4.0 and the 4th gen iPhone, which is not happening until summer 2010.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
i doubt this is the case. the 3GS isnt even really a half year old yet. there is no way they are going to stop trying to make it better because of the droid. droid isnt even on att, so there isnt really a direct competitor right now really. honestly besides minor cosmetic issues, i'm not real sure there is a whole lot more that apple can add to the iphone os unless they do a whole makeover. and i dont see that happening anytime soon.

I don't think you read my original thread right. I wasn't saying AT&T is throwing all there cards in one basket to make an iphone 4g to outdue the possible driod. But basically I was saying. I don't think there 100% concentrating on technically a 3 year old phone. Verizon is obviously attacking Apple and AT&T hard and trying to get the customers to go else where. I think AT&T with common since should be a little worried. Some people want to have a customizeable phone and not have to do modifying to do that.

I don't think the average person in the market for a phone thats customizaable wants to buy an Iphone 3gs knowing its not.

I also said I don't care what Verizon comes out with because I'm staying with AT&T and alot of customers could care less either.

Josh

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
better battery. batter battery. and battery.
and of course, multi tasking (sending messages without closing apps)
better camera? led flash? 5.0 mega pixel?
an even FASTER processor? :p

and since we are talking bout updates here...if a new update DOES come out, and i update it, would i have to unlock AND jailbreak my iphone all over again?

yes you will have to JB and UL all over again. Also you wont be able to upgrade right away, remember the 3.1.2 upgrade woes? and with the new boot loader who knows what will be in the next upgrade. I'm thinking the delay on the new update may also be the whole new security job they hired for, so they might be putting some security measures in the newest update. I love my 3.1.2 and although I love to see the new features they bring out with upgrades I'm not excited for it.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i am patiently waiting for the next update. i mean 3.1.2 has some bugs i come across. i have just recently as of yesterday upgraded to the 3GS i am loving it so far so much more responsive over my 3G. but i have noticed a bug where when i have my charger plugged in the battery percentage drops to 98% and stays there even though the phone is fully charged. when i unplug it the plug the charger back in it goes to 100% i am hoping they fix that in 3.2 or even just give us 3.1.3 even.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
i am patiently waiting for the next update. i mean 3.1.2 has some bugs i come across. i have just recently as of yesterday upgraded to the 3GS i am loving it so far so much more responsive over my 3G. but i have noticed a bug where when i have my charger plugged in the battery percentage drops to 98% and stays there even though the phone is fully charged. when i unplug it the plug the charger back in it goes to 100% i am hoping they fix that in 3.2 or even just give us 3.1.3 even.

lol..that's all you're hoping for??? :confused: :confused:

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
lol..that's all you're hoping for??? :confused: :confused:

i am hoping for more. but at this point i am happy with what i have right now. i got video recording and landscape keyboard and MMS. i could care less about tethering. i may have to exchange my 3GS though cause it did something i have never seen an iphone do. it was in sleep mode and it started vibrating like it would if i was receiving a call. but only the screen would not turn on. so i had to hard reboot it. if it does it again i will exchange it for a new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal