Heavy users only

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I have asked in the accessory forum, but nobody was playing. What do you do for extra power on trip or day to day?
I happily used the mophie air juice until I upgraded to 3gs....it then mal-functioned and apple says it's not compatible.
I have tried some portable spare bettery packs, only a bit of help.
I am using the tekkeon mypower and it's nice and almost doubles life. I don't like it quite as well as the mophie, but am curious if you have any thoughts/experience. On business trips, you have to use something, right?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I usually carry the Kensington spare battery pack when I know I will be somewhere I won't be able to plug in for awhile. It seems to work great.

ed_423

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
i recently got the phone and was dismayed with the battery life, but love the phone! i have not purchased a external battery tho, which one would you recommand, and would you even recommnd me getting one?
i have a 3g btw

Slone

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
kensington-mini-battery-pack-and-charger-600x420.jpg

I use one of these and it takes me from around 20% (when I plug it in) to 95%. I hate having to carry it around though.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i have the iPWR 1800 (iPhone 3G / 3GS iPWR SuperPack? Battery Back Up 1800 mAh -TheCellGuru.com). seems to take for-EVER to charge my 3GS. so like live4spd, i have a car charger, a wall charger for home & a wall/USB charger for work. i'm rarely without power. flying however, poses a different challenge. if i have to rely on the iPWR i am kind of screwed for a 'quick' charge. i was really eyeing the juicepak air too. nice to find out ahead of time that it's not compatible with 3GS! thanks for that

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm almost never anywhere when I don't have a charger, but if I'm stuck I turn my brightness down to nothing and hope for the best.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
2 chargers at home, one in the car, one in the laptop case. Just picked up the Kensington thing on the previous page. Anxious to see how it works. (Actually trying to run down my battery right now to help re-calibrate the battery gauge.)

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I am a newbie here, so I do not have any idea on the topic you are discussing about. You guys can help me out to make it understand. Anyone there for me?

ed_423

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I am a newbie here, so I do not have any idea on the topic you are discussing about. You guys can help me out to make it understand. Anyone there for me?

aha just cuz im a noobie too..

they are pretty much just saying how the iphone battery drain crazy fast. and share ur thoguhts on it! :D

eldiablojoe

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Monoprice 2200 mHa. Not only can you slap it in and use it as an external battery, but you can also slap it in and leave the phone alone and it will fully charge your phone in 3.5 hours. Ran me $15.00 at Monoprice.com I'm very happy with it.

HTH

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i usually can make it through an entire day of work without my phone needing charged. i do not do any traveling really but if i ever did i would probably get something like the kensington battery i saw up top. or i would just settle with not using my phone until i got around a wall plug to charge my phone that way.

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I saw a link on Twitter today to an article about a portable charger/dock called the Dexim P-Flip. Haven't ever used it (or any other extra battery pack) but I thought it looked pretty cool. I can't post a link because I haven't posted enough yet on this forum, but it was at Just Another iPhone Blog.

Lacessit

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a spare wall charger. I now keep the original at home and use the spare in my car with a power inverter, and if I need it take the cable from my car into work with me for additional juice.

Last edited:

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i too have a juice pack air have no issues using it with my 3gs and mophie even says its compatible. seems like something just malfunctioned in yours, i would buy a new one from the apple store and if it doesn't work you can always return it easily. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR