Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default new user..sorry for the novice question...

I just got the Iphone today..and I have microsoft outlook (2003) on my PC and I am trying to sync all of my contacts and calendar to the phone... I am having some difficulty...
    what is exchange? is that a business application?

I have a personal email account which is with microsoft outlook and I cant seem to add that mail account to my mail settings on my phone.... the yahoo and gmail adds fine..
    what a great phone so far...are there apps that can assist me here? i have this forum and not everyone is satisfied with mobileme..so i might hold off for now..
    anyways..can you provide some advice?

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

Exchange is an email server. You probably just have a regular IMAP or POP3 account setup in your Outlook. To set that up on the iPhone you need to go to other and put in the email account information.

To sync your contacts and calendar you need to plug your phone into your computer and open it in iTunes. Then go to the "info" tab and you should find all the syncing connections for outlook there.

Let us know if you run into any more questions.

Good luck.
    iPhone Nanite

6 Posts

I am new to iphone also... my boy friend tried to setup my email but failed.. i also cannot get my contacts and calendar data! I will try to ask him to find the info tab... hope everything ok... thanks!
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Apple - iPhone - Learn how to use all the features of iPhone.

this Apple site has a ton of useful information on it that may be of help