iPhone charging pod, or not?

Just curious, do you use an iPhone charging pod, or not?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
nah. i have car charger, iPWR 1800 portable battery & 2 wall chargers (1 for home, 1 for work). so there should be absolutely NO reason for me to have a dead iPhone. :/ i've looked at the charging mats where you just lay your device on the charger (no cables) but i don't get it. you have to connect a sensor to your phone anyway. so is this catered to people who absolutely HATE cables?? lol as for the pod, i'm not sure what this is

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Another no. I too have a case, albeit only thin, but I'm sure it wouldn't fit in the dock still and wouldn't want to take it off every charge.

miamitreo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I used a charge "pod" for my blackberry which was very convinent(the BB has a case that the phone goes into). To keep the iphone nice and without too many scrathes you have to get a case which makes it a pita to use the charge dock....

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I charge my iPhone in this JBL speaker dock station that plays all my music, and charges it at the same time or if just left in there without playing music.

There is an adapter plate that is used to accept docking iPhone, iPod, etc, but if you insert it, you have to take off the case which I use, so I removed the adapter and just stuck a foam strip back there to help prop my iPhone at a nice angle when inserted with the case on. Lol. Now, I never have to take off my case to charge it in the dock. Muahahaha! :D

2r733i1.jpg

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have this, too!

But, I also have an Incase Slider, and use a Charging Pod. Thus I only need to remove the bottom part when charging...

I charge my iPhone in this JBL speaker dock station that plays all my music, and charges it at the same time or if just left in there without playing music.

There is an adapter plate that is used to accept docking iPhone, iPod, etc, but if you insert it, you have to take off the case which I use, so I removed the adapter and just stuck a foam strip back there to help prop my iPhone at a nice angle when inserted with the case on. Lol. Now, I never have to take off my case to charge it in the dock. Muahahaha! :D

2r733i1.jpg

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have this, too!

But, I also have an Incase Slider, and use a Charging Pod. Thus I only need to remove the bottom part when charging...

On my incase slider its really hard to take off the bottom without taking the rest off and it scratches my iPhone, have you noticed scratches from the case? Anyway now I do use the charging dock because my iPhone is bare and it really brightens up my desk.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have this, too!

On my incase slider its really hard to take off the bottom without taking the rest off and it scratches my iPhone, have you noticed scratches from the case? Anyway now I do use the charging dock because my iPhone is bare and it really brightens up my desk.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I splurged on the Bose iPod speaker dock and I use that as my alarm clock/charger when I'm not traveling. When I'm at my computer though I use the dock. Shame it didn't come with the 3G and 3GS iPhones, I think. I don't use a case (I use a pouch thing attached to my belt), so the dock makes sense for me. Of course, when I travel I use just the USB cord and adapter (no laptop for me :( )

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site

Good Idea!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods