appstore problem

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
hello. posted this in the JB section, but i think this is actually the right place :S

So i experienced this next problem:
i had a 3.0, JB/unlocked via USB(aka it didnt have hacktivation so itunes didnt recognize my phone so i didnt have it backed up) and i finally upgraded to a 3.1 custom FW. all works fine, JB/unlock with ultrasnow from cydia worked OK, but app store doesent recognize ALOT of apps. Either i am getting "your request could not be completed", or "Application is not available for your country store" although I DID bought them before the upgrade. So out of ~30apps i bought from appstore before update, now around 20 of them give me the "not available for your country" error, even though they are paid for...
Anyone experienced this? Anyone has any ideas on what to do? :/
try a new credit card? make a new account? i really dont know (

edit: all the apps appear even on the "purchase history" in account details in itunes :O

Thank you.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
:)) "all works fine, but [...]"

so, noone has any ideas? could it be just my country's store to have problems with the global store? (or however this thing works) should i try another JB? or maybe upgrade to the oficial 3.1.2 and use ra1n and sn0w?

edit: i "reported a problem" with itunes and sent them a webform email about this, im really curious and eager to see what they'll reply.
obviously i didnt say i JBed it :)

Last edited:

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
hmm, actually ... dont think its about JB because iTunes appstore gives me same errors :S
they replied to my msg, which was a report download problem for one of the app and altho i enumerated all my missing apps, they only sent me 2 lol. think it will clear out, but what about the future? my app search and availability has drastically droped... might it be that my country's store has problems/has been canceled some rights? :S

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
load itunes, change the country in itunes, sync phone problem solved.

if you change the country in itunes it changes it in the iphone on sync.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
i tried changing countries, but then it asks for another payment method, since it says that my credit card is for my country's store and not available for "selected country"(no matter which i choose) although the said credit card can and WAS used for internet payments before(all over the world), it's even linked to paypal. SO :S
dead end so far :((

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
if i unJB i wont be able to use it since i need the unlock :)

but the same problems i get on the phone, i get on my or any other PC (tried 3)...

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
when you open itunes click itunes store.

goto the bottom of the page, on the home screen, bottom right corner should have a flag, click it and set the right store country.

not in itunes / account info. but in the store / region settings.

it should be on the line at the right right above the copyright crap.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Tried that too. It works, but only the switch, i can see new apps(ofc, the ones available in selected country), but when i press "buy now" it pops the login little window and if i try to login with my account/credit card it tells me that my account is only valid for my country's appstore purchases :/
edit: actually it tells me "the item you requested is not valid for your country's appstore"

Last edited:

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
this could be a loop whole they fixed in itunes.

i know on the main page in the past if you changed the country you could of downloaded that country's apps.

my guess now it checks your selection vs the country you're in to see if you can cannot download.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So basically if they decided just to remove my country out of many apps that i had available, just cos they felt doing so, I'm pretty much screwed?

Can i hope they are just fixing things and stuff will be available again?

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Oh lol :)
they replied to my mail, they put on my account all apps and after 1 more day, the appstore is fixed too :/
guess they were repairing some stuff or something broke down :S

thanks for your time and help

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad you got it fixed up. If you have to Re-JB it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the firmware you used. I had to Re-JB and it had nothing to do with the firmware because my friend always JB my phone previously because I didn't know myself how to do it. I made my own and Re-JB and the phone was fine.

bmiller123

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
app

I'm new, so Hello, I upgraded from iTouch to iPhone and now I can NOT download apps I paid for when I had the iTouch. They are there in applications in my iTunes but will not download to Phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner