How to get rid of annoying log in screeen that came with 3.0 upgrade.

refuserefuse

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

Thank you in advance for your help. I am running a 3g 3.0 jailbroken. Previous to 3.0 whenever I was using a hotspot my phone was simply redirected to the login page the same as a computer would be and I was easily able to log on. Since the upgrade there is a log in screen that slides up which is fraught with every sort of problem from simply exiting before even giving me options (which it will do repeatedly and indefinitely) to telling me that there was a java script error when I enter teh relative login information. With the range of problems I encounter I am guessing that this is more on the end of web developers not writing this portion of their site correctly so I don't expect there to be an overall fix. I would just really like to disable this annoying, non-functional, and unnecessary and go back to the way things were when they worked. Any help is very much appreciated.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Can you provide a screenshot? This might be more of an issue with the hotspot you are trying to use than changes in the iPhone.

refuserefuse

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Right.

Big9erfan, do check back. I will try to grab a screen shot next time it happens. But as I said, the multiple different types of error shots that I get lead me towards the same conclusion that you suggested, that is that the problem might be on the end the hotspots. But it is many different types of hotspots (more than a dozen at least) and it doesn't happen for example with laptops or black berries. Additionally, it is happening on hotspots I which I could access just fine with the previous software. I don't really want a work around for every sort of error I encounter. I just want to get rid of the log in screen/program.

Flying Ember, Maybe I am not using the right term for it. If you go to a hot spot requiring a log in instead of pulling up a normal Safari page like you would get on a laptop asking you to log in the way it used to a screen slides up from the bottom. It will also happen if, for example, you try to open your mail on a hotspot you haven't logged onto yet. Sometimes there is a redirect option to a safari webpage such as on the one that comes up on the starbucks network. But on McDonald's and most of the smaller ones I mostly get various sorts of errors and T-mobile is only about 50/50.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit I don't use hotspots that require logins via webpages, only wifi logins at home and at the office, so I haven't had an issue like you are talking about. I wish I could be more help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices