best option for push emails with 3gs

scorpius

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i am really banging my head with this and could use some help. i have a 3gs which i love and find so easy to use, only problem is i need a push email facility as i get my work orders via attachments in email and am currently using windows live email. trouble with this is windows live doesnt push and also only shows inbox /sent folders. so, i got the mbox app that is great for folder listing and reading excel attachment but again, doesnt push the email. i'm pretty miffed as i was misled when getting the phone as, if i had got the business option i could have used the exchange email which has push. so, i need some sound advice on which push option is the most reliable in the daytime . i dont even care if it doesnt sinc with my laptop that well as moving the email on the laptop isnt that much of a deal to me but getting the email on my phone asap is a BIG deal. i have windows xp on the laptop just incase that makes a difference and one other thing if i can be really cheeky is, whats the best option for bluetooth headsets/headphones for the 3gs as my workplace is very noisy and using itunes would help me here the beep for incoming email as it would stop the music wouldnt it? THANKS ALL

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
OK push email , you have a few options , first set up Outlook with your hotmail account then outlook will push them to your phone . #2 switch to Gmail and set up Gmail as an exchange account , works great & quick Google Sync on your mobile phone
. Or #3 set up the phone to check your hotmail every minute .

Ok the head set , I would get the second or third gen Jaw bone or the new Motorola Endeavor HX1 that use the bone technology .

scorpius

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that. Have to tell you I already have gmail which doesn't show option to push only fetch or manual modes. As does my live account which is tied to outlook. Only other email address I have is yahoo which has poor spam filters but does support push. Only other thing I could think of was signing up to yahoo mailplus which is subscription based but has better filters and no adverts taking up half the mail page. Only thing is, if I am going to pay for a mail service, am I as well to use mobile me?
Thanks for your help

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You need to setup Goolge Sync as an exchange account, not a gmail account. Follow the link BENGRIMM provided above for more info on setting this up.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey, just download Mail Notifier from AppStore, it's current version support Gmail, AOL and Hotmail/MSN/Live accounts and it does a great job pushing them.

I'm a Beta tester of the APP and let me tell, it's great, in 5 seconds you will have your Push Notification, combine that with mBox (like me) and you will have the perfect combo at least until mBox releases it's Push Notification version.

BTW, currently Beta version contains support for IMAP and POP accounts plus Silence Mode, so far so good, if everything goes as expected, there will be a release very soon with this features incorporated.

Last edited:

scorpius

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey, just download Mail Notifier from AppStore, it's current version support Gmail, AOL and Hotmail/MSN/Live accounts and it does a great job pushing them.

I'm a Beta tester of the APP and let me tell, it's great, in 5 seconds you will have your Push Notification, combine that with mBox (like me) and you will have the perfect combo at least until mBox releases it's Push Notification version.

BTW, currently Beta version contains support for IMAP and POP accounts plus Silence Mode, so far so good, if everything goes as expected, there will be a release very soon with this features incorporated.

i already have mail notifier working with mbox but notifier has no sound alert for new mail so still have to keep checking the phone instead of hearing the beep in earphones. sounds trivial i know but i repair/paint cars so have to keep stopping what i'm doing to check phone as well as having to take chemical gloves off to enter 4digit pin to see homescreen. thats why part of the original question i asked included help with choosing the best bluetooth headset/headphones and only answer i had was jawbone which wont work to its best ability with me as i have full beard. never thought it would be such a pain to set this up!!

thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner