Data usage on new sim

tahir

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Well I unlocked my iPhone and for some reason I keep getting charged on my contract for Internet uses when I don't even use the 3g Internet and for some reason it keeps turning in mail and so and I keep getting charged for no reason. So how do I somehow stop the sim from connecting online and somehow only wifi works like before on my n95 before connecting asked first if u wanna use wifi or service provider is there any way I could do this on my iPhone cuz it's gonna get annoying after it starts spending a lot of money by itself for no reason

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Go to settings>>mail>>fetch new data and change it to manually. Then you can only check you email when your on wifi , which is probably where your data charges are comming from.

And as far as wifi goes. You can turn wifi on and off as you please. When you are connected to wifi data is not being tranferred via your cell provider.

You should look into buying a data plan. The iPhone is crippled without it!

Be careful because some games connect to the Internet and iTunes store and the app store too. U tube, maps, and weather too! The Iphone is an internet device. Your also going to want to turn location services off too I hope I have not forgotton anything.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a data plan this is one of the top reasons to jailbreak. Jailbreak your phone and get SBSettings, from there you can turn off 3G and Edge. Then your phone will always only use Wifi for any data use. When you ever reboot the phone make sure you check that they are off, sometimes by default they turn on whenever the phone is rebooted.

tahir

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks when my contact runs out there's a btter contract with a good data plan so thanks for your help everyone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice