"There's a lawsuit for THAT"

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
the map shows what att shows for 3g

they are only picking on att 3g service which is what the map shows, it does not show, edge/gprs or any other service just 3g. which is accurate.

att is stupid and suing verizon instead of actually building out 3g.

verizon spent a year or 1 1/2 years to bring there network to cdma rev a

massalo85

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
What you are forgetting is that AT&T has three different data coverages 3G/EDGE/GPRS. While Verizon only has EVDO Rev-A so all their data coverage falls under "3G". Even if a area's data service is slower than then AT&T EDGE. So Verizon's ads are correct but are also misleading.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
how is it even misleading?

go look at an att map where 3g is offered....

AT&T Coverage Viewer go look up 3g coverage.

the funny part is if the map is zoomed out all the way it wont show it but pick a city and zoom it out to almost nation wide, you will see its spotty at best.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
73438671.jpg

where is it off from what verizon offered thats off the website notice the blue is att 3g.

iAddict

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL

More like Verizon is doing so well, and lampooning AT&T. I think their ads are accurate to a tee! AT&T is suing because they don't like the info out there.

Look, I think the iPhone is good in the right hands. Esp people who are a bit artistic like designers, musicians, etc. Most people have an iPhone to be a cool looking douche.

I don't drink the Apple Kool Aid. I think AT&T AND APPLE didnt even get the phone right until the 3GS. Between the bugs on the phone from Apple and AT&T's crap service, its annoying.

I will say AT&T customer service is VERY friendly. iPhone also boasts features that few phones get right like brilliant graphic rendering, awesome sound recording, and, some of the more useful apps and the new video feature.

Why's AT&T mad? If you doubled that map it would still suck. I was in Nashville trying to show some videos to people and kept dropping the stream in a wide open, popular part of town. Typical coverage. Verizon doesn't have these problems.

I still think the exclusivity running out, and Verizon getting a CDMA iPhone rumor isn't gonna happen lol. Maybe if 4th Gen VZ goes GSM, but in such a buggy phone, I can't imagine how much worse it would get on a new network, plus adding VZ's V Cast BS!

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I couldn't care less about AT&T's lack of 3G service in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Central PA, the Dakotas, etc... I guess I'm lucky in the sense that the only places I frequent (NYC, DC, LA) and my home town Philly are all pretty populous places with plenty of 3G coverage.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree that these commercials look like a desperate attempt to bring down at&t.
its quite laughable actually.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
73438671.jpg

where is it off from what verizon offered thats off the website notice the blue is att 3g.

Wtf ?
That is absolutely embarrassing but thankfully I do not even use my 3g(i have it off edge is about just as fast)...But even the voice areas are laughable....Good grief.They have the iphone and they don't have towers up everywhere....Sorry sprint/verizon craps over at&t coverage
verizon-vs.-att-map-m.jpg

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Wtf ?
That is absolutely embarrassing but thankfully I do not even use my 3g(i have it off edge is about just as fast)...But even the voice areas are laughable....Good grief.They have the iphone and they don't have towers up everywhere....Sorry sprint/verizon craps over at&t coverage
verizon-vs.-att-map-m.jpg

That is incorrect. That map only shows 3G for data. Voice is pretty well covered by AT&T.

I think it's misleading. My EDGE is just as fast as Verizon's 3G service. AT&T should just come out with a commercial showing the places Verizon can do simultaneous voice and data using their network.... that map would be blank with coverage. :eek:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
AT&T should just come out with a commercial showing the places Verizon can do simultaneous voice and data using their network.... that map would be blank with coverage. :eek:

This has always been my argument. The EV-DO isn't exactly 3G. No simultaneous
voice and data.

SHEDGES

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Here's the interesting thing, do you think Verizon actually has 3G coverage over lakes, completely rural areas and mountains as their map indicates?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Here's the interesting thing, do you think Verizon actually has 3G coverage over lakes, completely rural areas and mountains as their map indicates?

Yeah Rene's blog entry today was kind of funny

by Rene Ritchie
In other words, AT&T is saying Verizon?s 3G coverage of mountains and lakes is impressive for the fish and eagles, but they think they have the humans and their ?cities? covered just fine, thanks. (Though, again, NYC and SF might disagree?)

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
That is incorrect. That map only shows 3G for data. Voice is pretty well covered by AT&T.

I think it's misleading. My EDGE is just as fast as Verizon's 3G service. AT&T should just come out with a commercial showing the places Verizon can do simultaneous voice and data using their network.... that map would be blank with coverage. :eek:

att open there trap they are the fastest 3g network by spec's they are. the problem with that, is unlike verizon which upgraded to cdma rev a or 3g for cdma att is just marketing on some thing thats not available like verizons 3g.

who gives a **** your 3g is the fastest when its not everwhere. edge is slower then cdma rev a.

edge also cant do voice and data at the same time. 3g can.

so tell me how is we offer more 3g coverage then att misleading. click the link i posted, it goes to ATT website, and you look for yourself where they claim 3g.

sorry you're butt hurt that att rather sue then spent the money into upgrading or blanketing the country in 3g / hsdpa. but fact is fact.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site

by spec it does, which is all that matters. the spec for broad spectrum cdma and range coverage should exist there. this is how cell towers are rolled out. by spec, range, how many per area to blanket. then more are added to cover the load. then it matter on what device you want to receive the signal and how big of an antenna you have.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
att open there trap they are the fastest 3g network by spec's they are. the problem with that, is unlike verizon which upgraded to cdma rev a or 3g for cdma att is just marketing on some thing thats not available like verizons 3g.

who gives a **** your 3g is the fastest when its not everwhere. edge is slower then cdma rev a.

edge also cant do voice and data at the same time. 3g can.

so tell me how is we offer more 3g coverage then att misleading. click the link i posted, it goes to ATT website, and you look for yourself where they claim 3g.

sorry you're butt hurt that att rather sue then spent the money into upgrading or blanketing the country in 3g / hsdpa. but fact is fact.

It was really hard understanding what you were saying, but I believe I get most of it for the most part. :eek:

First... I do care if my 3G is faster. Verizon is boasting their 3G network that can not do simultaneous voice and data, is slower and covers the US where there is no population. Yeah, awesome coverage Verizon... fishes can deer can use their devices at 3G speed :rolleyes:

Second... no one stated EDGE could do simultaneous voice and data. Reading is fundamental. I only compared EDGE to Verizon's 3G, that's all. Forever29 understood what I was saying, but then again, he's a smart guy and reads thoroughly :eek:

Third... it's misleading because if you ask the majority (non-techies). They will tell you they felt that the commercial was showing that AT&T didn't have any coverage let alone 3G as most don't even know the difference between 1G, 2G, 2.5G, 2.75G, 3G or 4G. They only see service or no service. The key is that Verizon didn't do anything, which it seems as though you feel like that is what I was saying. It's not.

Fourth... Your knowledge of wireless may not be anywhere near "knowledgeable" when it comes to how AT&T made their decisions, so I will help you understand why AT&T is where they are with 3G vs. being where Sprint and Verizon are:

• Verizon/Sprint started deploying first. AT&T was in the middle of merging when it was Cingular + AT&T Wireless.
  • Unlike UMTS, CDMA 3G is a quick upgrade, whereas UMTS, it's a longer and harder process. It's almost like building a new tower.
  • When the iPhone was coming, instead of building 3G, AT&T had to upgrade their existing EDGE network, which lead to AT&T falling behind even more.
  • Permits need to be acquired before building 3G towers, so AT&T can't just say "oh let's blanket the world with 3G" and "poof" magic happens.

There are more points, but those are some of the few. AT&T isn't stupid, why cover places that you don't need 3G in or would only cover a handful of people? Get your knowledge up son.

Regards,
Duvi

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site

LMFAO ! That would be hilarious.

But hopefully with the money ATT gets, they can put up 4G by Q2 =]

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2