Soon to be iphone owner, please help...
I'm finally looking to making my first iphone purchase this weekend and had a few questions:
1. Is there a new iphone coming out soon? Should I hold off until the new iphone comes out (is it going to be that much better than the 3GS?)
2. Are there still issues with the screen getting scratched because of the new coating the put on the phone? Is it a good idea to put one of those screen covers?
3. Can I buy the iphone at the Apple store and then call ATT regarding the discount for the plan that I get through my work? Or would it be better to just go buy the phone at ATT?
4. Is the Applecare warranty worth it? What does it cover?
5. Does iTunes allow for me to upload all my MP3s to my iphone, regardless of weather they were purchased thru itunes or not?
I think that is it for now, I know its alot sorry
Also, any extra advice about my purchase would be much appreciated (its my first iphone)
Thanks in advance!
- 11-05-2009, 01:20 PM #2
1 - the earliest a new iPhone will be coming out is around June. There is nothing known about the new device.
2 - we've had discussions here, some people feel the glass scratches easier, others disagree. To be safe I added a screen protector.
3 - I'm not entirely sure, about this.
4 - it only covers hardware failure and battery failure. I did NOT extend the Apple Care warranty and instead got one though http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=v0nSVE75
5 - with the exception of some older DRM songs from iTunes you should be able to sync nearly all your MP3 to play on your iPhone ( assuming you have the space ).
- 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM #4
3. The way things work at my job is that we have a carrier rep that handles the special rates we get and he also handles any hardware upgrades, such as new phones.
Keep in mind that this may not be the way your company does business. However, it's a good place to start.
- 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM #5
Yes...i also have a discount. What you do is click on the link i provided: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/ and input your work email address so they can verify your discount then the rest is pretty simple from there...
PM sent by the way...
Last edited by Hack-My-I; 11-05-2009 at 01:58 PM.
- 11-05-2009, 02:25 PM #6
- 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM #8
- 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM #10
It covers software and hardware failures, but NOT failures due to drops and spills. The Squaretrade warranty I posted earlier DOES cover drops and spills ( ie, you drop your iPhone and the screen cracks....they cover that, Apple does not. )
- 11-06-2009, 05:25 AM #12