3GS speaker issues?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, ive tried searching the forums but cant find anything. i just got my 3gs yesterday, its a white 16 gig. my friend just got one a few days before me, black 16gig. the problem seems to be the speaker sound, if i set it to the standard tri tone sms sound, when one comes in it sounds over driven or distorted. i found some threads on the apple site that talk about it, but there were no answers really. has anyone else had this problem with the phone speaker? seems like it sounds really distorted when playing music as well. i'm having to turn the music down a lot when playing it on the phone speaker. i dont usually listen this way anyway, but was curious. thanks!:)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I had a problem with the chime sound sounding slow and distorted. I changed the sound and changed it back and the it worked fine... Then it happened again. So I turned the phone if and then turned it back on. That fixed it for a while too. I never did figure out why it happened though?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm sounds like it may be an issue then. I might try and call apple tommorow and see if there is any update. Some of the old support threads I found people were waiting on 3.1 to fix the issue. Apparantly that hasn't happened.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sine you just got the phone. I have you hooked it up to ITunes to see if it has the newest update. 3.1.2. Or if you know how go into your settings on your phone and see. It might help. But the update is out there anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711