Tethering

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
So a while back i did the hack where you change the carrier file to get tethering without having to JB, since then i have gone about updating the firmware and all that normally and figured the tethering hack would be gone, but some how it has remained on my iphone. I just did a restore from backup and still, the tethering option is available. Im unsure how its still there and im hesitant to use it because i don't want to be charged. Any theories?

jeffskent

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Tethering still working on 3.1.2 ?

I've read posts that tethering still works under 3.1 but I have not upgraded to 3.1 because I really don't want to lose my tethering right now. The Austrian web site that had the config file to enable tethering on my 3GS says he is working on an update for 3.1 and it is now in testing mode. I wait patiently.

As to being charged, your unlimited data plan is said by some to only include 5GB of data per month, or else extreme charges are applied. 5GBs of data is a lot of web surfing, downloading podcasts, and even YouTube videos. Most people won't use this much data in a month. You can always check your data usage amount in the settings area. If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details on the Austrian site.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
So a while back i did the hack where you change the carrier file to get tethering without having to JB, since then i have gone about updating the firmware and all that normally and figured the tethering hack would be gone, but some how it has remained on my iphone. I just did a restore from backup and still, the tethering option is available. Im unsure how its still there and im hesitant to use it because i don't want to be charged. Any theories?

I did the same thing and as soon as i played with it, it disappeared... i havent heard of anyone being charged YET

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
But theres alot of rumors etc about it. Supposedly if your carrier sees outrageous data usage or something that leads to tethering. Your carrier can rape you on usage charges even with unlimited data plans.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2