twitter question

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm using boxcar for now as a twitter push app. if i am logged in on a desktop widget, will twitter only allow me to get notified by one service at a time? like the desktop but not the boxcar? i added a sidebar gadget and now i'm not getting the boxcar notifications. thanks!

techshoe#WN

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I understood. I get push through Boxcar, and I still can read my tweet on Tweetie or TweetDeck. Was that your question? :)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
No. Twitter does not have this option. If you're going to be on your desktop and don't want to receive notifications from Boxcar, then you need to disable push for boxcar in settings.

The way notifications work, I don't think what you want would be possible. Each client is looking at your feed separately and Twitter isn't keeping track of who's pulling information. This is how I understand it.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, thanks! actually i thought something was wrong on my end becuase i would get the timeline and tweet on my desktop, but not my boxcar. which is what i didnt want. but i uninstalled then put back boxcar and i think i'm good to go now. thanks!

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I still can not realize what your problem was. Did you wish to stop your notification. You said you have fixed it now just doing reinstall. How did it happen? I am sorry if I have bothered you with my silly question.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
no i wanted to get notifications on both my desktop and my iphone. but for some reason (probably because of the new phone) boxcar wasnt sending me notifications on new tweets, so i thought maybe it was because of the desktop widget i was using. a reinstall of boxcar fixed the issue though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2