Im having problems with the bluetooth and im asking for help

When i turn on blue tooth, other people can see my phone

But on my display it just says searching, for ages without any luck

Any thoughts

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The Bluetooth device also needs to be in pair mode. Ways of putting the device in that mode depend on the brand.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone bluetooth operates different than other phones. You can only use if to pair with headsets. You can't connect to someone's laptop and transfer files. If you've got a headset turn your bluetooth on and put the headset in pairing mode. It will pop up on the iPhone and once paired just close. The phone will still say it's searching even after they are paired mine does that every time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The iPhone bluetooth operates different than other phones. You can only use if to pair with headsets. You can't connect to someone's laptop and transfer files. If you've got a headset turn your bluetooth on and put the headset in pairing mode. It will pop up on the iPhone and once paired just close. The phone will still say it's searching even after they are paired mine does that every time.

Good call, I'm always thinking headsets...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I remember when I first got mine I expected all those things so just wanted to throw that in there just incase.

javan

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
turn it on again

It seems like to turn it on again ,last time i comeacross the same situation.I also turn it off and on .then it works.:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Until we get more info from the OP then we wont know what's going on. We need to know what he's trying to connect to, does he have them in pairing mode, etc.

Nevets68

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread...but...How come my cheapy Samsung slider *a free phone from T-Mobile* can do bluetooth wireless transfers but a expensive Iphone...can't?

But to assuage the masses Apple might turn on the FM radio feature in the Iphone / Touch...yay.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73