CANADIAN and almost world, DATE FORMAT

timofcanada

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Apple is under the impression that Canada uses the mm.dd.yyyy date format. As far as I know only one country uses that format, the U.S., of A.. Most of the commonwealth countries, which represent about 1.85 BILLION people use dd.mm.yyyy format, and those that don't tend to use the international format of yyyy.mm.dd.

I have to set my iPhone to Australia in order to get the right format in English, and an bearable telephone number format. I would like to set my own phone number format such as +1 51 48 88 83 46 or even 514 488 88 36.

I work in a francophone part of Canada, so I like my number format to be French which is 1.500,55$ (currency).

Is there any way to set this?
Yes, I understand that many Canadians think that our English language format is the same as USA and our French language format is the same as France....but is there a way to customise this stuff???

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I have read a same sort of article in some other forum. And then I started searching on internet and I have found only this-
Go into Settings > General > International > Region Format.
It might help you. Best of LUCK.

Chesire

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, sadly our accounting department has made the same mistake about the date time and time again when we deal with international companies... I'd be up for a universal format.

timofcanada

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have read a same sort of article in some other forum. And then I started searching on internet and I have found only this-
Go into Settings > General > International > Region Format.
It might help you. Best of LUCK.

Thanks for the reply. On the iPhone I am offered a choice for CANADA formats of English or French. I, like most here, work in both languages. However, I would like my settings in English. The problem is that APPLE believes the Canadian English Date Format is the same as that of the USA. They are wrong. (Sadly, many government sites only add to the confusion--but I guess it's because they have had to adapt to USA based software).

If I go, as you suggest to International--Region format--the closest I can find is Australia (also part of the Commonwealth) but then the phone number format, and all the wonderful "localised" applications and auto-fill addresses are based on Australia.

Apple will not answer my e-mail.

Thanks anyway,

Tim

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2