Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default Unable to set-up Yahoo e-mail on new 3G S

Hi everyone, I'm new to the iPhone blog forums. I just made the switch from blackberry phones to iPhones...and I love the iPhone. One problem though. I just can't get my Yahoo e-mail to work on the Mail application. Whenever I try to set it up in settings (it didn't work when i tried it in mail so now I have to do it in settings) I get a message "Authentication failed for (my e-mail)@yahoo.com. I've tried several times, it just doesn't want to work. I've retyped my password and e-mail several times but it just doesn't wanna let me in. I know I'm getting my info right. How can I fix this? Thanks,
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Is this a personal email address or Yahoo Biz-Mail? I had the same problem with my Biz-Mail address but there is a thread here that walks you through fixing it. I haven't had any problems with my personal email.
    iPhone Intermediate

154 Posts

If you are trying to setup the yahoo mail account as a pop3 account on your iPhone then you would require a premium account from yahoo and only then it is authorized from the yahoo server. Until then, only the settings can be put on the iPhone.