Unable to set-up Yahoo e-mail on new 3G S

Aronface#IM

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to the iPhone blog forums. I just made the switch from blackberry phones to iPhones...and I love the iPhone. One problem though. I just can't get my Yahoo e-mail to work on the Mail application. Whenever I try to set it up in settings (it didn't work when i tried it in mail so now I have to do it in settings) I get a message "Authentication failed for (my e-mail)@yahoo.com. I've tried several times, it just doesn't want to work. I've retyped my password and e-mail several times but it just doesn't wanna let me in. I know I'm getting my info right. How can I fix this? Thanks,
Aron

SHEDGES

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Is this a personal email address or Yahoo Biz-Mail? I had the same problem with my Biz-Mail address but there is a thread here that walks you through fixing it. I haven't had any problems with my personal email.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
If you are trying to setup the yahoo mail account as a pop3 account on your iPhone then you would require a premium account from yahoo and only then it is authorized from the yahoo server. Until then, only the settings can be put on the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW