Saving/Storing PDF and Word files on iPhone

Bubba#IM

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
How do you store/save pdf and word files on the iPhone. I get attachments on my email I need to save so I can shoot them to a recipient from the iPhone.

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you get the attachments why not forward the email with them attached? I was going to say the easiest way I can think of is to email them to your phone if you've got an email setup. Another option is to get Dropbox on the phone and your computer. It used to be free I don't know if it is anymore then you can put your documents into the dropbox from your computer and once they sync you can open them on the phone and email the link to the location in the dropbox.

Bubba#IM

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. If the iPhone would let you ad a mailbox, i.e., saved, the I could keep my docs there. I may have to get an app to do what I want it to do. Thanks for the help

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
How do you store/save pdf and word files on the iPhone. I get attachments on my email I need to save so I can shoot them to a recipient from the iPhone.

Thanks

If you need to download attachments to your iPhone from email attachments, you can always get QuickOffice. It allows you to download the attachment to the QO file system on your iPhone for viewing/editing. If you use an Exchange service, Docs to Go has an Exchange Server version that allows you to download attachments directly to you iPhone. I use both and both are very nice.:D

These apps can be used without Jail Breaking, but JB is one way to go.;)

TheClub

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Saving Word/Excel docs in an email

Brickman,

I just downloaded QuickOffice and saw in a reply of yours yesterday that you said you can download or save Word docs that are sent to you in an email on the iphone. I cant figure out how to do it.

Im looking at my email attachment from work on my phone, but where is the save button?

In QuickOffice, I figured out how to create a new word doc and email that, its just the saving of a doc sent to me that I cant figure out.

Thanks

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
When you open up QO, look to the bottom right of the menu bar and touch the "?". The open "FAQ". This will explain it all.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Actually after you touch the "?", then open up the "Users Guide". It goes into more depth. In short what happens is that you forward the email with the attachment to a special QO email address that goes to your iPhone where the attachment is download into QO and then you can file/edit the attachment however you need to.

Last edited:

ilya239

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site

You can use the Good Reader app.
If you use Gmail you just open Gmail from within Good Reader and save your attachment.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW