poor wallpaper resolution

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking through some of the many websites that have iPhone wallpapers, just to change it up a bit. I've noticed recently that when I "save image" from a site and then set that image as my wallpaper, it loses it's resolution. Sometimes it loses it horribly to where the image is almost blurred. I'm assuming that these images on said sites are optimized to use for the iPhone, so I'm not sure why they come out poorly. Any ideas?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
We need to make sure what the problem is.....the phone or the wallpaper. Take a screenshot with your phone and then set it as your wallpaper and see if you get the same result. To take a screenshot, hold down the home key and then press and release the lock button.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i've had the same problem, its almost as if the wallpaper loses the sharpness when its transferred. i'll try the screenshot trick though.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
i've had the same problem, its almost as if the wallpaper loses the sharpness when its transferred. i'll try the screenshot trick though.

That's exactly the description of what's happening to me. I took a screenshot as lungho suggested...the resolution came out perfectly fine. I also tried to set one of the photos in my camera roll as wallpaper, and that resolution came out fine as well. So I'm thinking the wallpaper that I've selected on these sites is at fault here.

The one thing is, though, that these are all supposedly optimized for the iPhone and for use as wallpaper; doesn't make sense to me that they'd all come out looking blurred. Maybe it's something in the download process?

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't make sense to me at all. I get my stuff from zedge.net. I've never had a problem from there. There is also a free appstore app call Backgrounds that has tons of background images. A lot easier than downloading and syncing.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I just tried downloading a wallpaper from zedge.net just to see how it goes and it seemed to have come out fine. Confused for sure. I'll try to retrace what I was doing and see if I did something wrong in the process originally.

Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2