WinXp format/reinstall - xfer from Iphone back to PC?

Oj467

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Is there a simple (and free) way for me to get all my music, ringtones etc OFF my iPhone and onto my PC and into iTunes? I know why iTunes only works one way but it's making me crazy.

I had to wipe/reinstall WinXp and would like to simply get my iTunes library back to the way it was before my crash.

I've tried iDump but it's not detecting my iPhone for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Oj467

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the incredibly helpful reply!!! I never knew there was such a thing as Google! You're a real LIFE SAVER! :rolleyes:

If you had actually looked at the results from that search - you'd notice every single one is either for Mac OS - jailbreak - or - it's trial-ware that only transfers 10 or so items and requires you to pay $20-$35 for full functionality.

What I'm looking for is something that I don't have to pay more money for to transfer back the items I've already paid for. Silly me for not wanting to pay more money to get the items I've already paid for back onto my fresh WinXP install.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the incredibly helpful reply!!!

You're incredibly welcome! Google is such a wonderful thing, isn't it? :D

If you had actually looked at the results from that search - you'd notice every single one is either for Mac OS - jailbreak - or - it's trial-ware that only transfers 10 or so items and requires you to pay $20-$35 for full functionality.

Not only have I looked at those results, I've used them to do EXACTLY what you're trying to accomplish; transfer items from an iPhone back to a Windows PC for FREE!

Perhaps if you had actually looked beyond the first page or so, you would have found what you were looking for.

Oj467

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
So it was much easier for you to fire up the smarta$$ Google "told ya so" app - copy and paste the link as a reply? vs. just saying "hey - this is what I used - _______ - it worked well for me".

I guess I always figured a help forum is for help - not snide replies. I suppose I was wrong - I won't bother you anymore. Everyone can just use Google from now on and sift through all the results and the help forums can all die out.

Perhaps if you had just shared your knowledge on the very subject I posted about this post would have ended with your helpful reply - in the HELP forum.

oh - and thank you spiderman001728 for your HELPFUL reply.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know there are some tools out there I've read threads on here asking the same thing. I have never needed to use it myself and I can't remember the threads but do a search I'm sure something will pop up. This is sort of an after thought which wont help you much now but if you've got two machines you should setup home sharing after this is all done. Then set the music to update on the second machine. This way whenever you open iTunes on both the second machine will pull in any new music sync'd to your main machine and the 2nd machine will be like a backup for future problems. Sorry I wasn't much help for ya but GL.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
So it was much easier for you to fire up the smarta$$ Google "told ya so" app - copy and paste the link as a reply? vs. just saying "hey - this is what I used - _______ - it worked well for me".

Yes, actually, it was. I don't remember the exact application that I used, and I can't go back to the PC to find out what it was because I was doing the work for someone else. What I can (and did) provide you with is the information needed to find an appropriate tool on your own, which you would have been able to do as well if you had just searched first instead of asking a question that has been covered numerous times in these (and MANY other) forums.

I guess I always figured a help forum is for help - not snide replies.

You're relatively new to the Internet, aren't you? :p

Joking aside, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I simply provided you with the information that you needed to be able to accomplish the requested task. Sure, I used LMGTFY, which many would see as being rude, but I just like the way the search criteria is presented. If you don't like it, well, I won't be losing any sleep over it...

I won't bother you anymore.

Best news I've heard all day! :D ( <--- that's another joke :rolleyes: )

And to keep this post at least somewhat on topic...

music transfer - sharepod

As it turns out, that's the app that I had used previously. It worked quite well.

you could restore from your computer backup. no, really, that's what a backup is for.

WELL SAID!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner