Forwarded emails will not send pictures...

dleete

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If I recieve an email with a few pics and I try to forward it to whoever, for some reason the pics never make it. The recieving end always gets the "x" for each pic. It asks if I want to include original attachments and I select yes. However, I can create an email and attach a pic and it will work just fine, but when I try to forward an email that contains pictures, it never has worked. Is this an known issue and is there a fix, setting, etc.? TIA!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's the email account(s) you're using? I just tried it and it worked fine. I did have to d/l the photo first and then forward.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
what alli said makes sense, if you dont download the pic first, it may know that you're sending one, but there isnt any data to actually send.

dleete

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm, this is going to sound dumb but when u say download are u referring to saving the pics first then reattaching?? When I open the email to read it initially, the pics are there for viewing and I don't see anything to download or even the option? I do notice when sending the forwarded email it goes really quick as in no data was even sent. Kind of like what ur referring to as in nothing was downloaded, but why do I see the pics if nothing was downloaded?

dleete

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I just did a test. I created an email here at work, attached a picture and sent it to my phone. I checked the email and something seem to download but nothing showed up. It then showed a message saying not all of the information downloaded and at the bottom there is a download button with 0kb. I hit the button and everything showed up. I then forwarded it back to my work puter and it shows up just fine.

cortland1998

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
GMAIL Imap

I'm having the same issue. I am downloading the images. When I forward an email, it asks if I want to include the attachments. Of course I select to attach, and send the email. The recipients never receive the images... they show up as not being attached. It's driving me insane!

techie1961

May 31, 2010
Visit site
iPad is failing to attach correctly

I am having the same issue and I did a little test. I have the same email accounts in both my 3Gs and my iPad. I sent the same email (inlcuding attachment) to my Rogers account from both devices. Both emails came in to the account at exactly the same size in kBs but one had an attachment and the other did not.

There is definitely something amiss with the iPad email app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner