New Member/New iPhone 2g User

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I can't find the Introductions Forum, this is my first post, if it is misplaced, moderator please move and IM where I can find the Introductions Forum?

I finally took the plunge and got my first iPhone, off of ebay, a 2g 8gb, fairly cheap. Spent 5 hours with ATT, am a go phone customer, got my local ATT store guy to list the IMEI of my new "used" iphone on my account and then spent awhile on the phone with 2 CSRs and a Tech Support guy, but finally got the data working on it, even though prepaid was suppose to be eliminated back in June, so I am proud of myself.

The phone was unlocked and jailbroken, had a Cydia icon on it, got that updated and downloaded a couple of apps, Winterboard and Blacklist, then downloaded volume booster on Winterboard and that helped a lot with being able to hear. Put the iPhone in an otterbox.

Whew, for someone with not a lot of tech saavy, I think I have done fairly well, but know I have a long way to go to feel comfortable with my new iPhone. Also bought yesterday a "iPhone For Dummies" book at a local discount book store.

Any adivce?

Thanks for reading this, looking forward to meeting you folks!

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
What I was told by the ATT CSRs was that POST June 2009 they were no longer offering the data option, you can still use a gophone sims card in an ipone just to make calls, just the internet portion and functions won't work without wifi.

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much Rich!

Since I already started this thread and a Mod moved it here, I don't want to duplicate, but I really appreciate the info.