Fourth Gen iPhone Will Be Redesigned

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
The first time I saw the iPhone I felt it was designed from the iMac.

Since the iMac has been slightly redesigned,I feel that the iPhone will borrow some of the design for the fourth generation.

The main thing I hope they add is screen. On the new iMac the glass goes the edge. That will give the iPhone a slightly larger screen.

Also IPS ( in-plain switching ) might be added to the screen.

I also hope they add the same texture from the back of the iMacs. I own the previous iMac and I love how the back of it feels compared to the plastic.

What do you guys think ? If apple redesigns the next iPhone , What you think They will change ?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Seems reasonable. I think the OS update will be a completely new gui design though. The hardware might change with the addition of a bigger camera and a flash, maybe a front facing camera.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hmm. Not sure about the edge to edge glass. I think the bezel is nice protection for a phone. And if they did choose to do edge to edge, It wouldn't change the amount of usable screen, there would just be a bigger black boarder.

I hope they do make some minor design changes though.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Apple would have to make some pretty radical changes to warrant me dropping another $300+ on a newer phone. Even with the 3Gs out, my 3G serves me well.

I would like to see a redesign of the OS, but I doubt that will happen. Apple seems to think they know what's better for us than we do.....and I couldn't disagree with them more.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would love to have the homescreens rotate too so I don't have to go landscape to portrait to landscape with my phone when switching between apps. They should have a switch arrow at the bottom of the screen and when you touch it the app icon tiles revolve to show icons of other apps. This would double the number of apps per homescreen.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We may see a big change in the look of the UI this time. Maybe something along the lines of a today screen. I'm thinking that multitasking will be featured in the new OS. toake the most of this feature, the UI will need to change. Just my thoughts.

kgnjames

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
All I hope for is that the next generation iphone OS includes multitasking. The ability to run multiple apps will make it so much better, android and windows mobile already do this.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's the problem with multitasking, it slows things down. There is always a compromise of some sorts and if people don't understand that it will lead to complaints. So it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't kinda thing. I would love multi-tasking and I know you can't get everything you want and eat it to so there is a bit of give and take when you receive new options but not all users are like that. I currently have a 5 sec delay when opening certain apps when compared to a 3G to me I don't care it's 5 freaking seconds but to some they would call bloody murder.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Would love to see the UI slightly refreshed, along with possibly different colors for the back besides white and black.. maybe a silver and red?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see the ability to select a Cover Flow style on the screen to select apps with. Just make it a selection.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see the ability to select a Cover Flow style on the screen to select apps with. Just make it a selection.

Good idea, Never thought of that but I'd like that also! Would also be cool if Apple make there own themes that you can download right on the iPhone. :) (No Jailbreak Required)

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site

Screen holds twelve apps, most people have like two/three pages of apps so lets say inbetween 24-36 so like 30 apps... Do you really want to scroll through thirty apps in a cover flow setting?

Think about it as it is now.. its basically cover flow right? just that you get to see more covers per swipe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR