SMS from IM reply text settings?

LSG

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place.. this is my first time here. ;)

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the message that is sent as a reply to an SMS from IM? I can find it no where. I'd like it to be a bit more personalized. Anyone know if it's possible?

The message says: "Your IM will be sent if the user accepts. Thank you for using IM to Mobile! Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM!"

Thanks in advance!!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
not much you can do about the instant response. once the recipient receives the IM/SMS, you will get a standard reply back. i get these using AIM/Beejive all the time too. annoying, yes. but a small price to pay for FREE SMS. :)

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
waitttttttttttttt a minute...FREE SMS?????????? so in other words, u dont pay for txt with ATT??? Pls fill me in!! lol, i feel like im missing out!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
waitttttttttttttt a minute...FREE SMS?????????? so in other words, u dont pay for txt with ATT??? Pls fill me in!! lol, i feel like im missing out!

using apps like AIM, you can send SMS messages (via IM) to people not on AIM. meaning, i can send an SMS through the IM service of AIM Instant Messenger, to my wife's phone on Verizon. it costs her 1 SMS message, but costs me zero since i sent it through an IM service.

this has been a really nice feature for me since i am on the minimal SMS/MMS service AT&T offers (like 200 i think). doing as many IM/SMS messages as possible, i never go over my 200 allotment. pretty sweet indeed!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ohhhhhhhh niceeeeeeeeeeeeee...i need to check this out....so did u DL the AIM app?

i did at first. now i use Beejive. it is a universal IM app for AIM, Gtalk, Yahoo, MSN, etc... works great. you can use the free AIM app in appstore. create an AIM account, then if you don't like the AIM app you can always use the AIM account with another IM app.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Looks you are using AIM to send texts, they add that stuff and you can't take it off that I know of. Using Yahoo just puts your username in front of the text on a text msg.

@loudrims inc, yes you can send texts through these systems with something like beejive.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
so with these IM apps, can u send txt to someones cell phone number?

yeah, that's how it works. i set up my wife (who doesn't have an AIM account) as her cell number (1309******6). then using Beejive i was able to change her nickname from her cell # to 'Megan'. it's more easily recognizable as my list grows longer.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Looks you are using AIM to send texts, they add that stuff and you can't take it off that I know of. Using Yahoo just puts your username in front of the text on a text msg.

so Yahoo (and not Yahoo premium) allows SMS through IM on their service too? i wasn't sure which IM services offered this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen